2001 Legacy B4 Remap

kceire

Sunday Drivers
guys, whats available to me as a remap for a 2001 B4?

ecutek?
standalone ECU?

mainly looking to make sure it runs perfect on our fuel more than anything at the moment.

etc etc

thanks.

You can ECUtek it but there's no point unless you are planning on doing a few mods to the car like decat etc. Run it on E5 or on E5 + booster and the car will be fine. Get a knocklink if you are really worried for the odd occasion that it does DET but the ECU can retard itself down to E5 levels so no need to remap it. Even mapped cars will DET with a bad batch of fuel so a knocklink would be recommended either way.

Ciaran RS-RA at ASD automotive in the traders section is now supplying it at €13.50 a bottle and each bottle can treat 3 tanks of fuel with that and will give you that extra bit of confidence.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14252.msg176218#msg176218 date=1239314571]
You can ECUtek it but there's no point unless you are planning on doing a few mods to the car like decat etc. Run it on E5 or on E5 + booster and the car will be fine. Get a knocklink if you are really worried for the odd occasion that it does DET but the ECU can retard itself down to E5 levels so no need to remap it. Even mapped cars will DET with a bad batch of fuel so a knocklink would be recommended either way.

Ciaran RS-RA at ASD automotive in the traders section is now supplying it at €13.50 a bottle and each bottle can treat 3 tanks of fuel with that and will give you that extra bit of confidence.
[/quote]

thanks man, had my evo ecutek'd by Ai in Belfast so am aware of its performance gains but i wasnt sure if it was available for the legacy or not, thanks.
i dont plan to mod if im honest, but you know yourself, that ends very quickly!

if i do mod, then i suppose it will be :
uprated fule pump (is it needed as much as the older impreza's?)
decat
good filter, and that would be it tbh, i would be more worried about the safety and DET end of things.

i would wait until you have the money together for the mods before getting the map because you'll just end up paying half the price again to get it tweaked when the first map is unneccessary.

Do you have E5 available where you're from? Should have asked first. Use E5 + 1/3 bottle of NF and you won't have any issues with DET.

You're mod list looks good, thats exactly what i started with and am now taking it further again. Its a highly addictive hobby :hammerhead:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14252.msg176223#msg176223 date=1239315480]
i would wait until you have the money together for the mods before getting the map because you'll just end up paying half the price again to get it tweaked when the first map is unneccessary.

Do you have E5 available where you're from? Should have asked first. Use E5 + 1/3 bottle of NF and you won't have any issues with DET.

You're mod list looks good, thats exactly what i started with and am now taking it further again. Its a highly addictive hobby :hammerhead:
[/quote]

thanks man, yeah im in finglas so the nearest maxol to me is constituntional hill iirc
glad to hear that it doesnt need a remap for everyday use :icon_grin:

As Rob said, as long as your not trying to drive it like its a Honda you shouldn't have problems. I have my 02 Legacy since Feb 08, just running on E5 and its still going strong. After having an Evo i doubt your going to try driving it that way so it should be fine! :thumbsup:

Back