2001 Audi A6 Avant 1.8T Quattro - Suit repair or break

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
I've owned this car for over a year.

I've put 25000 miles on it in that time.

It had new cam chain, cam tensioner, timing belt, tensioner and damper, water pump, temp sensor housing, valve cover gasket and spark plug gasket replaced at 167,000 miles. Current mileage is circa 178,000 miles.

Oil and filter changed with Fram filter and Castrol Edge Titanium FST every 8,000 miles.

Has 2 brand new front tyres.

Bad points: Usual car park dings for car of this age. Rust spot at top of windscreen. Needs 2 rear tyres for quattro system as 2 new fronts already on. Tracking also needs to be done.

Reason for selling is on the way to work the coolant light came on after driving 8km and the car turned off. I pulled in and checked the coolant. It was empty so I checked the oil cap and there was a little bit of cream on it so I thought the coolant must have mixed with the oil.

The car did not overheat and was taken home on a tow truck and hasn't been started since. Coolant bottle was filled with water and level hasn't dropped and oil level is also perfect.

I'm returning to college and already have a runabout so I'm moving the car on. If I had the time, I'd strip it and fix it myself. If I had the money I'd send it to a garage.

The car has been a solid work horse doing near 90 mile trips taking me to and from work without missing a beat until now. I'd average 430 miles to a full tank of petrol. It got me 36mpg with mixed driving.

Cloth interior. Non heated electric front seats. Electric windows. Electric mirrors. Dual zone climate control. Air con. Audi Concert head unit.

Looking for €600 but open to offers of course.

Anybody for this at all lads? Looking to free up my parking space at this stage. No benefit to me just sitting there. Also near a full tank of juice in her aswell!

Free to good home. You can even keep the petrol in the tank. Need to clear the parking space.

Back