04 Subaru Forester STI

Agreed Barry, there was one for sale only about 6 months previous for 13.5k or 13k or something..
Tis brexit sure 🤣

That may be the market value of them here but unfortunately as with everything in Japan and with the newer VRT & NOx rates its unlikely you would import one and do the bits and pieces that has gotten for less.

Newer vrt rules are only for the Uk . It’s still the same price to bring a car in from Japan now than it was before Brexit . Nothing has changed in that regard 👍

Thats what I mean Joe. Importing from UK is the same as importing from Japan now, just with cheaper shipping. Seems to be a trend tho that people are shooting prices up because you won't import one now for the same price as you would last year.

Auction price for some cars have gone up in The last while.
While some might think it’s overpriced or underpriced. it’s the owner who can ask what he or she wants . The person looking at the price his opinion is not really important unless he’s interested in buying 👍👍👍

Newer vrt rules are only for the Uk . It’s still the same price to bring a car in from Japan now than it was before Brexit . Nothing has changed in that regard 👍
The bands have changed and the NOx has gone up, I'm not talking about VAT & duty like we have now from the UK. Also VRT in general has increased on any performance classic since this particular forester was brought in as you well know!

It’s 36% of Omsp . Has it gone up more ?
Yeah only to 37% to be fair but ultimately its down to their interpretation of the OMSP.

Off topic a bit but as I said earlier I think if somebody was in the market for one of these STi I'm not sure they will do it a whole pile better. And what price do you put on be able to see something with your eyes and not on a screen.

True. Look if I had one in flawless condition, I'd price it higher too. I suppose condition reflects the price...you'd hope lol

An absolute insane price for one of them, not even going for that in the UK at the mo. They will get there but this is just madness!! Way over priced! I have been watching the auctions for awhile now and they haven't reached this price yet!

An absolute insane price for one of them, not even going for that in the UK at the mo. They will get there but this is just madness!! Way over priced! I have been watching the auctions for awhile now and they haven't reached this price yet!
how much they go for in Japan before shipping, vat and vrt

A 2005 Facelift FOZ STI was on donedeal alongside this one. Grade 3.5 imported February 2021. Sat at 18k a few weeks. Dropped the price to 15k yesterday and car sold immediately.
I was raging I missed out on viewing it at 15k. Someone got a good deal

I’m going to give my 2 cents on this as I am the owner of the car discussed in this thread.
Everyone here is entitled to there opinion and I totally respect that.
So I advertised the car as I hadn’t the means to drive it as much as I wanted to. However, I was not one bit pushed on selling the car if I didn’t get what I wanted for it.
I priced it based on what I had seen other Fsti’s making. At the time there was a similar spec one for sale in Germany for 18k, there was also a couple on Goonet exchange that would cost you over 20k to have on the road.
As mentioned already there was a grade 3.5 that was originally up for 18k before being marked down to 15k. My car was a grade 4 on import and well please take a look at the walk around video I attached to the ad, the condition is still excellent. I have maintained the grade 4 condition.
As other posters have said, people can ask what they want and that’s exactly what I did, I’ve no pressing matters that mean I need the cash in the morning so I wasn’t letting it go for any less than I felt it was worth to me. For anyone whose so concerned with my “extortionate” valuation I received an offer of 16k and 17k which I turned down.. It’s my car and as previous posters on this thread have said I dictate the price of it, if I want 20k for the car and you don’t agree Im not overly concerned.

Hi cormac,

Looks gorgeous, love the foresters and even more so the STI JDM ones, , dont take offence about us lot giving out about the prices of Subaru's, like all forums we are just shooting the breeze and giving our 'expert' opinions and actually are a nice enough bunch of lads and ladies behind it all. Now as much as I love a Subaru and I've had alot of them l wouldn't pay 20k for it but somebody probably will,👍

Hope you get a price your happy with 👍

Hi cormac,
I don't think anyone meant any offence by chatting about it tbh. As they say any publicity is good publicity lol we're all a bit shocked here how prices are climbing with cars lately, but its all performance cars, and like you said if condition is perfect, then price must reflect. Its a gorgeous car, I've clicked into it a few times to drool over it myself lol
To be fair, if you wouldn't replace a car with one similar for the price you sell it at, then your selling it too low.
Best of luck with the sale man, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it 👍

Hi cormac,
I don't think anyone meant any offence by chatting about it tbh. As they say any publicity is good publicity lol we're all a bit shocked here how prices are climbing with cars lately, but its all performance cars, and like you said if condition is perfect, then price must reflect. Its a gorgeous car, I've clicked into it a few times to drool over it myself lol
To be fair, if you wouldn't replace a car with one similar for the price you sell it at, then your selling it too low.
Best of luck with the sale man, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it 👍
Yeah Eoin I didn’t come here to have a go at anyone for disagreeing with my price tag, I just wanted to justify why I priced it at what it is advertised for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the only one that matters to me is the opinion of someone who is seriously interested in buying it. I put it on the road this weekend for the first time in nearly 18 months and was thrilled with it. 480kms in 2 days and I really enjoyed driving it. Having enjoyed it as much as I did I’ll definitely be sticking to my guns on the price of a serious buyer comes along!

coincidentally an almost identical one at auction (2004, 139kms, same colour and grade 4) went for around 17k yesterday. to get here before Vrt, add Vrt, new tyres, tbelts and pulleys etc. and you’d easily get to 20k and more

GLWTS Cormac

looks lovely

Back