04 alternator

cecildrumstick

Sunday Drivers
Was told i needed one by mechanic so got one off subaru salvage. Turned out it wasn t the problem so hence its for sale. Subaru salvage wouldnt take it back for some reason. e50

I would assume wouldnt take it back as electrical item.

In fairness he is not really there supply and refund parts for diagnostic elimination
and we would have similer stance.

I wouldnt take it back for the reasons that were explained to you on the phone ten days to a week after you got it, so you do know.I don"t take electrical items back because of the reason you just stated(MY MECHANIC SAYS.........),I don"t supply parts for diagnostic elimination purposes....or so mechanics can make mistakes at my cost

the altenator was 50 bucks and you had it the next day with courier.not a bad price and not a bad service.

Its bullsh1t half truth statements like that piss me off.trying to throw a dim view on someone trading on a forum. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

not a breaker in the country would take back anything electrical,for the exact reason john said mechanics makin mistakes and then tryin to return the part

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=31945.msg366545#msg366545 date=1318629618]
not a breaker in the country would take back anything electrical,for the exact reason john said mechanics makin mistakes and then tryin to return the part
[/quote]
hanks dec,its unbelievable lately people chancin their arms,everythings marked with an ultra violet marker now so no mistakes on returnable items,its fvckin it up for genuine men

50 euros delivered next day and your bitching :naughty: :naughty: id say change your mechanic should have being the first thing you did not come on here and whinge

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=31945.msg366549#msg366549 date=1318630289]
50 euros delivered next day and your bitching :naughty: :naughty: id say change your mechanic should have being the first thing you did not come on here and whinge
[/quote]

Exactly.

We have everything on site Subaru to swap for diagnostic elimination so cost to customer is only hourly rates. So we can get down to fault a lot easier and with zero hassle to customer except final part found to be faulty costing.

But i have it the same, requests lately to lend out parts for this elimination by a home diy'er.

Its not wat we are here for, and am with John on this, and is very annoying.

agree with all above posts :thumbsup:i see it every day in work lads get some chancer that says he is a mechanic to do work on their cars and vans then when they fu*k it up or diagnose it wrong we end up fixin it properly but unfortunately some times more expensive on the customer as they end up paying twice to get one job done but thats what happens when ya cut corners.......

[quote author=froggy23 link=topic=31945.msg366548#msg366548 date=1318630041]
[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=31945.msg366545#msg366545 date=1318629618]
[/quote]
thanks dec,its unbelievable lately people chancin their arms,everythings marked with an ultra violet marker now so no mistakes on returnable items,its fvckin it up for genuine men
[/quote]

Lads calm down there. It wasn't an elimination process, mechanic told me it was the problem and then it wasn't. Mechanics fault. Great service from Subaru salvage. I was tellin everyone I knew that I rang u on a Thursday and had the gear on Friday, unbelievable service!! Mechanic thought u would take it back thats all. Fair enough u dont take back electrical. Oh and it was e70 not e50 :thumbsup:

[quote author=cecildrumstick link=topic=31945.msg366609#msg366609 date=1318708174]
Lads calm down there. It wasn't an elimination process, mechanic told me it was the problem and then it wasn't. Mechanics fault. Great service from Subaru salvage. I was tellin everyone I knew that I rang u on a Thursday and had the gear on Friday, unbelievable service!! Mechanic taught u would take it back thats all. Fair enough u dont take back electrical. Oh and it was e70 not e50 :thumbsup:
[/quote]

But that is elimination purposes. He narrowed it down to alternator and it wasnt the case. So eliminated that and moved to next possibility..

Wat was the issue before car went to garage and wat was fault found to be in the end?

[/quote]
Wat was the issue before car went to garage and wat was fault found to be in the end?
[/quote]

I had a Electrial problems over a year ago on my Impreza, ended up getting a starter off Dave and an alternator
off Froggy(thanks lads, bragain prices :thumbsup:) turned out that i needed an earthing kit fitted too.

Car been parked up over 6 months now, stills starts on the button though. Don't be afraid to ask here concerning
problems, if its Subaru someone here nearly always knows and will even come and help out too.

Mechanic said it was an earthing problem. Problem going in was the alternator wasnt charging battery unless lights,heater or something else was on. Also car was slow to start on first turn of the key. Charging problem fixed but still slow to start

Least thats one problem sorted, is your battery knackered now because

of the other problems, which might have effected it. Maybe get it checked, or borrow

a good battery and least you'll know, nothing worse than the guess game :thumbsup:

[quote author=Murto link=topic=31945.msg366965#msg366965 date=1318964807]

of the other problems, which might have effected it. Maybe get it checked, or borrow

a good battery and least you'll know, nothing worse than the guess game :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Give Froggy or Dave a shout they will lend you a battery to try :1poke: :icon_grin:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=31945.msg367054#msg367054 date=1319030478]
[quote author=Murto link=topic=31945.msg366965#msg366965 date=1318964807]

[/quote]

Give Froggy or Dave a shout they will lend you a battery to try :1poke: :icon_grin:
[/quote]

ha.ha....thats the way its going lads lately

Back