Coilovers

Rob

RobH
ISDC Club Member
Can I get sum more opinions and expierence on what coilovers I shud put into my wrx sti wide track,will be purchasing soon and looking for firm but still comfortable on various roads etc....

Can I get sum more opinions and expierence on what coilovers I shud put into my wrx sti wide track,will be purchasing soon and looking for firm but still comfortable on various roads etc....

Hi rob I have bc coilovers like a lot of lads do they are great in the corners with less roll when hardened up but I would say the set up was too low on bumpy roads So am getting it raised a bit. turned to soft it’s still a harsh enough ride. As not as smooth as kyb set up was in Ciarán wrx car it’s way smoother on road than mine and has car dropped if it’s looks you on for was in cars over the years with coilovers you know there there alright but I like what I have as it’s not a daily I think hassen put up something before on meister r that he has gave it thumbs up [emoji106]

I’m using Tein mono sport on my wide track.
Just perfect for me over fast road and track.

Don’t knock the fillings out of your teeth and there are lots of adjustments that
Can be made to suit.

Cheers lads anyone have expierence with Dave in rsr I’ve been onto him seems Sound and he does tein

Highly recommend Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the Subarus if you want a setup that will give you the required drop, be comfortable for daily driving and still can he stiffened up when it's required for hoons. 36 settings of stiffness to suit and it can be tailored to your liking and car setup. I got mine installed last July and drove my car from Dublin to London the next day. No issues and that was with a family of 2 kids and herself. If you're around Dublin and want to have a look at it and experience it first hand, give me a pm and we could try to meet up. I am based in Tallaght during the week for work and could nip out at lunchtime.

Hope that helps :)

Also, look up what I wrote recently re suspension setups in another post as it might be helpful to get an idea what can be achieved.

Also, look up what I wrote recently re suspension setups in another post as it might be helpful to get an idea what can be achieved.

Hassen your a gentleman and I read that thread very good and helpful,I’m just doing reasearch before I purchase,I’ve been told the hsd mono pro are very good comfortable coil over also

Hassen your a gentleman and I read that thread very good and helpful,I’m just doing reasearch before I purchase,I’ve been told the hsd mono pro are very good comfortable coil over also

No worries man. We're all here a friendly helpful bunch as we know the dilema it is to buy parts and make it work for your needs. I personally don't have experience with the HSD but they are a good brand from what I gather. Re Meister R, they give you 5% discount with the promo code from Scoobynet and have group buys from time to time, which makes it a very attractive package.

And I think experiencing a coil/suspension setup in a car will clear up any reservations you have more than just reading about others experiences. If you can get a drive in any car, try to and see how it feels for yourself. If you're around Dublin, give me a shout :)

Had bc coilovers on a wide track blob sti as daily driver, I live in Clare so driven on back roads a lot and no issue with comfort etc ,great value for money imo

Bc coilovers I find are the best if set up properly . Wagon dec on here does a great setup I had new tein coilovers before and I would touch them way too hard for Irish roads . Spend most of the time bouncing in the car not fun

You can spec a spring rate with bc as close to factory as possible and you will have comfort.

I've bc coilovers with the softer 4/3 spring setup which has different valving which are on a classic.

The setup was after recommend on here.

I've yet to actually drive the thing, so can't comment

I’ve BC after the cusco vacanza’s again I went for a custom spring rate on recommendation - no complaints at all

I've bc coilovers with the softer 4/3 spring setup which has different valving which are on a classic.

The setup was after recommend on here.

I've yet to actually drive the thing, so can't comment

They also have more travel on the dampers which is nice .

I have the bc br on my car as a daily for the last 3-4 years and as a budget coils they do great job and comfy enough.

Highly recommend Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the Subarus if you want a setup that will give you the required drop, be comfortable for daily driving and still can he stiffened up when it's required for hoons. 36 settings of stiffness to suit and it can be tailored to your liking and car setup. I got mine installed last July and drove my car from Dublin to London the next day. No issues and that was with a family of 2 kids and herself. If you're around Dublin and want to have a look at it and experience it first hand, give me a pm and we could try to meet up. I am based in Tallaght during the week for work and could nip out at lunchtime.

Hope that helps :)

hey Hassen, where did you order these from, Id be looking for something like these for the new wagon

hey Hassen, where did you order these from, Id be looking for something like these for the new wagon
Bought it from Meister R website and at the time there was a 20% discount for a group buy on Scoobynet. Got very lucky and they been excellent so far. I think it would be well suited to your new wagon. Plus, be class to have mine and yours side by side with them on.

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

I agree, I am not really saving anything on this build as I want it to be a stance queen :p

Ill check out the site

After all this research and chat and help I’m staring to lean towards the Meister r but have been told the tein flex A is exactly wat I’m looking for also anybody on here have expierence with top performance modifcations in Galway

Back