225/40/18 or 235/40/18

I would go 235 on anything over a 8" rim I'm just for rim protection.

But if you looking for a slightly stretched look I would go 225.

I know there only 10mm in the difference but say that to the wife and she's ll tell you it doesn't matter, she loves you anyway but say it to the girlfriend and you'll get a different answer if you know what I mean

225 if you going for a size close to factory spec. I would perspnally go for 235 for that extra wheel protection. Also 245/35 are worth giving a consideration :54:

I will be looking for tyres with rim protectors anyway as the wheels are brand new. I don't want a stretched look but don't want ballons either.

Might need camber/arch roll if the tyres are chunky, mines 235/40 on 8.5j wheels on lowered coilovers and had to roll the rear fenders..
offset of the wheel can play a part aswell

Might need camber/arch roll if the tyres are chunky, mines 235/40 on 8.5j wheels on lowered coilovers and had to roll the rear fenders..
offset of the wheel can play a part aswell

Would you have a close-up picture of the wheel so I could see how the 235/40 tyre looks like?

I know there only 10mm in the difference but say that to the wife and she's ll tell you it doesn't matter, she loves you anyway but say it to the girlfriend and you'll get a different answer if you know what I mean

You need to drop that GF of yours so Johnny... does she not appreciate all things come in small packages with you..? ;P

Back