U.K. motoring VS Irish

this gives us enough time to put a few bob a side and when the economy crashes again and the prices go down we all will be driving around in M5's :roll:

In a years time you will be getting letter from the banks saying sign here your approved for 5k —10k . Banks make money by lending not by savings ????it’s in there interest to push it out there

you are probably right Joe but 10 years is the cycle of most economies.
The ingredients of the next one though are very different to the one we have just seen so don't think it will be as much as a blow.........i hope! :)

Wont be as bad for you as you remember the last 1 so won’t get Caught this time , the banks are not after you there after the guy that was doing transition year in school the last time and is now fresh out of college wants a house and easy credit and the cycle starts again

Very little boom in 2014/2015 . Started to pick up in 2016. There a steady flow in 2017 unemployment under 6% its starting to happen . . I guess it depends what sector you in , some will see it faster that others

2014 was the start of the current boom - alot of sectors picked up, not the peak but the start
i wonder where it will peak - are we in the peak ha
can never tell till its over
hopefully we have few years left

what did we get last time ? 2000 - 2007?
i was in car sales and in mid 2006 you could see it starting
my mates in the buildings thought i was talkin crap - year later they saw it

the current boom or whatever youd call it is very confined to dublin in alot of sectors

Being in the motor industry, it’s alive in Dublin but everywhere else is still slow.

Seen 2 cubs from the Celtic Tiger ???? strolling down Shrewberry road earlier on . There gone big now ????????????

I dunno if I'd call it a boom just yet.
yeah things have picked up around dublin but you don' have yo travel far to see where it stops .
I'm covering small part of south dublin and the North of wicklow in work and while dublin is busy but wicklow isn't what you' call flat out . its going ok but I won' be buying a holiday home on the strength of a good year or two

crazy thing is we are paying vrt on the double.
first when we buy the car and then again in our tax on our wages to cover the fines the eu impose on the government for an illegal tax ..great little country

Unfortunately it’s not an illegal tax. Ireland sought a derogation from the EU in relation to VRT prior to one of the treaty negotiations and it was granted - despite the fact that it completely contravenes the idea of a common trade area - which was one of the main reasons the EU was established!

To make matters worse, the government can’t afford to get rid of it now - if VRT was abolished overnight, new car prices would come down by up to 36% overnight - dealerships would then have to discount their used cars by the same amount or they would be too expensive to buy compared to new ones. Given that no business could suffer a 36% drop in turnover overnight, we’re now well and truly trapped with the poxy thing !!

I dunno if I'd call it a boom just yet.
yeah things have picked up around dublin but you don' have yo travel far to see where it stops .
I'm covering small part of south dublin and the North of wicklow in work and while dublin is busy but wicklow isn't what you' call flat out . its going ok but I won' be buying a holiday home on the strength of a good year or two
Well this side of the country is still well and truly fxxcked. There was more jobs back in late eighties early 90s . No sign of big employment coming. Places still closing up weekly. Buy a holiday home here tommy get a nice semi for 20-30k. Or bungalow with room for a garage and a pony on a site for 100k

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

be a funker of a commute.

was talking with some of our service lads in Galway Sligo leitrim roscommon areas and they haven' had busy weeks since 2006/7 so deffo no building going on . basically 3 lads cover West of the Shannon. compared to 14 in the dublin area .

don' know why the government won't encourage companies to move to Galway Sligo limerick Ennis etc and relieve the lack of jobs over there and ease congestion in dublin wicklow kildare Meath Louth.

Well I am very lucky that I was never actually out of work for long periods of time as a sub contractor basically started from scratch when things started to pick up I will say one thing and that is banks don't release money quickly enough on draw down jobs for people who want to pay and then there is folk who get work done and just have it in head don't need to pay it might be busy in Dublin but still tuff to keep show on road the days are gone when job done get paid that's the biggest strain on any small business these days head down and plough on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing is the Boom isn’t as good as the last time, a lot of lads are flat out but making no or very little money

We have 3 new Audi garages that Joe Duffy is building in Dublin for pricing at the minute!! Its roaring away in Dublin :)

Then again why call it a boom maybe its just flattening out a bit and some stability. Cities are always going to be busier than rural areas and now that the focus is on IT and financial services here and not manufacturing than its no wonder cities are busier.

As Joe says the banks determine everything, the financial regulator will do feck all again.
Big factors gong forward are Brexit, American corporation tax and whatever way this Apple tax thing goes.

Here in tipp i notice about a year or two ago people again are start having money to spend. Going from not ringing at all or arguing over prices to start giving tips and boxes of chocolate now :roll:

Here in tipp i notice about a year or two ago people again are start having money to spend. Going from not ringing at all or arguing over prices to start giving tips and boxes of chocolate now :roll:

Haha your in the money now! In fairness to Clonmel it has always holded its own with Abbott, Boston and Bulmers as well as some smaller ones too.

Back