Circle K 97 unleaded 97 Ron Fuel

The one on the old swords road has it, as does the new station opened off the M1 at City North.

The one on the old swords road has it, as does the new station opened off the M1 at City North.

Hi John is that the one between Blake’s cross and Donabate on old road I know they do miles plus there which I have used of late *

Just passing cork and there is one. I glazed it at the last moment but it looked like €1.529

No enda only miles plus that what I got unless it’s at a different pump in same garage. Just went passed it now not on sign anyway I’ll be there tomorrow I’ll check pumps

Afaik the miles is normal 95 Ron fuel and miles plus is 97 Ron. I can't see them providing normal fuel, miles at 95 and plus at 97. So I reckon the miles plus has to be 97. That's the one I filled with Gary and there's a massive difference in the car with it. It's about 7c a litre more expensive.

Afaik the miles is normal 95 Ron fuel and miles plus is 97 Ron. I can't see them providing normal fuel, miles at 95 and plus at 97. So I reckon the miles plus has to be 97. That's the one I filled with Gary and there's a massive difference in the car with it. It's about 7c a litre more expensive.

Yep that’s same garage I have noticed it starts quicker but kind of put it down to warmer weather didn’t put it yesterday on way back from Wexford so I’ll see now when I get back into it again

Stolen from another place:

Petrol Prices
Irish Petrol Prices : May 2018
Surveyed in May (avg. retail price per litre)

Petrol

Diesel

Pump price

141.0c

131.0c

Price before taxes are added

53.859c

Breakdown of taxes x 3:

1. Excise (including carbon)*

58.771c

47.902c

2. Nora**

2c

2c

3. VAT (23%)

26.37c

24.50c

Total taxes

87.141c

74.402c

Estimated retailer margin

4c

4c

Estimated wholesaler margin

8c

8c

Average price of a barrel of oil (accurate as of 11 May)

$77.37

$77.37

Currency exchange rate - US$1 to Euro (accurate as of 11 May)

€0.84

€0.84

Tax as %

61.80%

56.80%

This is another RIP OFF

Great news to have some premium fuel available, recession officially over now :clap:

I wonder what the difference between the 97 and 95 + NF booster would be - performance wise regarding detonation etc?

I haven't worked out the economics of it yet but it would sure be handy to do away measuring out all the bottles. And at least the fuel is completely mixed, I always wondered how well the shot of booster mixes in with a full tank.

Will give it a go at next fill up

Not sure if the miles plus is actually 97 ron.

Mailed them earlier asking what stations were selling 97. They sent back the following link

https://www.circlek.ie/miles/milesplus

Note there's "miles plus 95" and "miles plus 97".

Mailed again to ask specifically if there was any 97 on sale and to clear up the difference between the 2 fuels listed online.

Replied back with a list of stations selling "miles plus" no mention of 95/97.

At that point i gave up, might as well be trying to get a straight answer from Bertie Ahern.

I'll call into one of the stations to see what the pump says but wouldn't be wasting any money without a clear indication that I am actually buying 97.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Apparently only NI are getting the 97 Ron Miles Plus. It'd work out near enough the same lobbing 1/4 bottle NF in with a tank of regular fuel.

However, it does work. At least for me.

I called into garage nothing says miles 97 asked lad in shop not sure about Ron value of fuel but says it’s better for engine that was it really nice chap though. it will be rebranded circle k so wait and see what pump says then

I just reviewed the pdf for the 97 which is a .ie document so its for the irish market me would think.

They are still rebranding and the topaz miles plus was only 95 so existing staff probably havent been trained.

So unless it says 97 on the pump, I'd stay away. Time will tell I guess ????

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
53879b441f06451c4287bf052da03e58.jpg

Last edited:
Is this for real? Are we getting 97oct petrol in Ireland? I hope its not a joke, coz it would be really bad joke if it was...

if its not, thats amazing! Also, does it mean TOPAZ doesnt exist anymore and its being rebranded to Circlejerk? Erm I mean Circle K?

Is this for real? Are we getting 97oct petrol in Ireland? I hope its not a joke, coz it would be really bad joke if it was...

if its not, thats amazing! Also, does it mean TOPAZ doesnt exist anymore and its being rebranded to Circlejerk? Erm I mean Circle K?

Its been all over the news/social Topaz rebranding to CicleK

Re 97, we live in hope but not confirmed yet... apparently it has to be labelled 97 at the pump from what CircleK says but no one has seen a 97 pump yet...

I sent them an email looking for confirmation... lets see what they come back with.

"I wonder if you can confirm the octane rating of your fuels since you have been rebranded circle k.

There has been a lot of confusion online over the last week or so as there are a lot of people thinking that miles plus will now become a 97 octane rated fuel as per a pdf file taken from circlek.ie - www.circlek.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/milesPLUS_unleaded_97.pdf

Nobody in your stores knows anything about a 97 rated fuel and no circle k store that I have seen have any pumps stating 97. I have seen miles plus pumps but unless it states 97 on the pump I will assume it is 95 rated fuel and will not pay more for the same octane fuel.

I drive a high performance car that needs higher octane fuel and would hope that 97 fuel is coming.

Can you please confirm if circle k miles plus is or will become a 97 octane fuel in the republic of Ireland as indicated on the circlek.ie domain?"

Looks like it’s not happening without a lot of lobbying - this was posted on the Irish rotary page by a guy trying to get them to stock it

“Update on 97 octane down south, I am trying to get rolled out (Please share , we need to create a demand by emailing our interest in their Product)

Thanks for getting in touch, at present none of our Forecourts in Ireland have 97 Ron unleaded. Our fuel department have been trying out Miles Plus unleaded as a premium fuel and if successful we will role out further fuel grades.
Sorry to disappoint

Best regards,

David Connolly
Circle K Ireland

Keep emailing your interest and see if we can get this rolled out”

Back