Finally purchased

Rob

RobH
ISDC Club Member
:54: finally purchased and got a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type uk widetrack with ppp
So lots of questions to come I’m in the process of getting it the way I want for now and have intentions for it over the winter and be exactly the way I want for next summer,1 issue I have is there seems to be an additional immobiliser with a key code in the fuse box drawer to right of steering wheel,haven’t touched it as I don’t want immobilise car,mileage is 128000miles great history and only 1 owner it’s sitting a little high so what kind of springs would yee recommend or coil overs just on the coil overs nothing too hard please.ebay is very good I know but where do people buy there parts lip kits etc.......

Hey there.

Hope the car treats you well. You can get lip kits from places like HT Autos. Parts from Scooby world or RallySportDirect. Have some springs and struts here if needed. Shameless plug I know.

I have the same immobilize pad, codes and how to reset and put your own code in should be in a book in your glovebox. If you want coilovers, I’d recommend Meister R’s. Can set to hard or extreme soft.

Hey there.

Hope the car treats you well. You can get lip kits from places like HT Autos. Parts from Scooby world or RallySportDirect. Have some springs and struts here if needed. Shameless plug I know.

I have the same immobilize pad, codes and how to reset and put your own code in should be in a book in your glovebox. If you want coilovers, I’d recommend Meister R’s. Can set to hard or extreme soft.

Sound out I will be onto you and is that immobiliser pad in them all or a ppp extra or factory standard and will be looking for strut braces and springs so if you can tell me what you have and I’ll let u know cheers for ur time

How’s it going I have key pad in mine a I’m ppp blob Gordon posted a link on how to rest it a few weeks ago I’ll see can I find link and put it up best of luck with car.

Ps I have bc adjustable coilovers they are a firm ride but I am used to them now and like the way they handle but I do need to get car raised a bit or a lot of lads go with kyb shocks and ebach lowering springs throw up a few pics

Congrats. Post up a few pics. And just don't tell me its a black we have enough of those in the club :facepalm::icon_grin:

Sound out I will be onto you and is that immobiliser pad in them all or a ppp extra or factory standard and will be looking for strut braces and springs so if you can tell me what you have and I’ll let u know cheers for ur time

I’ll PM you this afternoon.

Welcome along :thumbsup: best of luck with it :thumbsup: Stick up a few photos when you get a Chance . Very helpful bunce around here so any questions just ask :thumbsup:

Ha ha

Congrats. Post up a few pics. And just don't tell me its a black we have enough of those in the club :facepalm::icon_grin:

It’s silver and will do I’m vrting it 2nd July so fingers crossed not more than €3500 ????

How’s it going I have key pad in mine a I’m ppp blob Gordon posted a link on how to rest it a few weeks ago I’ll see can I find link and put it up best of luck with car.

Ps I have bc adjustable coilovers they are a firm ride but I am used to them now and like the way they handle but I do need to get car raised a bit or a lot of lads go with kyb shocks and ebach lowering springs throw up a few pics

That link would be great please and thanks

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new car!

Re parts: I personally have used Ebay a lot and Matt Baker off Scoobynet always has cars being broken for parts and is reasonable with shipping. Also, check the forums here and post what you are looking for as a lot of people have bits they might want to sell on that's just in the garage.

Re suspension:
1. Kyb SR with Eibach springs and replace all worn out rubber bits. It will handle a lot better and be comfortable. It won't drop the ride height to the extent of having that flushed look but expect a 30mm drop all around with the fronts still looking a bit higher than rears as thats how they are set up
2. Coilvovers - Much more versatile and the technology has moved ahead significantly such that you can get sets that are compliant to our crappy roads and still with the twist of the dials, harden it up for some back road bashing or when on track. I am running Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the wagon and have driven from Dublin to London on them with a family of 2 kids. It also handles really well when hooning or on track.
3. Do consider thicker front and rear anti roll bars with new drop links. They make a significant improvement too and adds to the enjoyment

And yea, post some pictures of the car :icon_grin:

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new car!

Re parts: I personally have used Ebay a lot and Matt Baker off Scoobynet always has cars being broken for parts and is reasonable with shipping. Also, check the forums here and post what you are looking for as a lot of people have bits they might want to sell on that's just in the garage.

Re suspension:
1. Kyb SR with Eibach springs and replace all worn out rubber bits. It will handle a lot better and be comfortable. It won't drop the ride height to the extent of having that flushed look but expect a 30mm drop all around with the fronts still looking a bit higher than rears as thats how they are set up
2. Coilvovers - Much more versatile and the technology has moved ahead significantly such that you can get sets that are compliant to our crappy roads and still with the twist of the dials, harden it up for some back road bashing or when on track. I am running Meister R Zeta CRD+ on the wagon and have driven from Dublin to London on them with a family of 2 kids. It also handles really well when hooning or on track.
3. Do consider thicker front and rear anti roll bars with new drop links. They make a significant improvement too and adds to the enjoyment

And yea, post some pictures of the car :icon_grin:
Very helpful thanks a million and will post pics when figure out how to ????

:54: finally purchased and got a Subaru Impreza wrx sti type uk widetrack with ppp
So lots of questions to come I’m in the process of getting it the way I want for now and have intentions for it over the winter and be exactly the way I want for next summer,1 issue I have is there seems to be an additional immobiliser with a key code in the fuse box drawer to right of steering wheel,haven’t touched it as I don’t want immobilise car,mileage is 128000miles great history and only 1 owner it’s sitting a little high so what kind of springs would yee recommend or coil overs just on the coil overs nothing too hard please.ebay is very good I know but where do people buy there parts lip kits etc.......

Congrats on the purchase, good luck with it

What’s the calculator showing?

I’ll know 100% after vrt but got extremely lucky spotted it an auction where I know it shud not have been took a chance and paid off ????????Hoping to be just under €10000 on the road

I’ll know 100% after vrt but got extremely lucky spotted it an auction where I know it shud not have been took a chance and paid off ????????Hoping to be just under €10000 on the road

Sounds like you got a great deal.????

Back