Hyundai i30 N

Maybe I am wrong but I can't see these being as popular as golf r or fords etc that's some honk of money [emoji50]but why not do what we all do here buy a Subaru and tlc it and plenty of change left for petrol [emoji2]just a matter of interest what's tax like???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's also bananas that anyone can justify 50k on a golf or focus but sheep will be sheep and follow what they are told is the best . personaly i like the look of it and for thee sake of been different id have one .

brand snobbery is a funny thing , if I told someone that I had a 35k Skoda on the drive way 15 or 20 years ago I'd have been karted off to the nut house.

I think the only people laughing are Hyundai they have a massive chunk of the market.. huge in the states myself I think they are pushing really hard and it's showing in there range also kia are making some great stuff ....I'd Deffo drive that ....

My missus has diesel i30 and its pleasure to drive also returning great mpg. I think they massively upped their design. The only thing l have against them is that the cops using them at the moment :roll:

New car money is insane, 40k for a hot hatch thats worth 30 the second the tyres hit the road. I dont get the buying new cars thing, is it a reg plate snobbery thing? would you not rather let someone else take the hit on the depreciation and grab a 15 or 16 car for substantially less than sticker?

it's also bananas that anyone can justify 50k on a golf or focus but sheep will be sheep and follow what they are told is the best . personaly i like the look of it and for thee sake of been different id have one .

brand snobbery is a funny thing , if I told someone that I had a 35k Skoda on the drive way 15 or 20 years ago I'd have been karted off to the nut house.

All car prices are banannas in irleand imo. i love the yaris but i think relative price is mad. closest comparoson is probably fiesta st whick is around 25/26 new. golf r starts at about 42 and by all accounts us a cracking drive. Yea there is brand snobbery too whuch would steer many away from the Hyundai

im biased against Hyundai cause my wife had a santa fe and it was the worst car ever in terms of stuff going wrong, flywheel, engine, allignment, electrics. consensus is that they're much improved now..

Think most modern diesel suffer with flywheel
The new Santa Fe is a lovely place to be I'd love one but as Dave says madness buying new .....but if you can afford it well and good ....I'm going to have to change her car soon don't know what to do

That thing Is cool. Pity it's just not affordable here like most hot hatches due to the rigging of the car market by the government.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ireland is crazy when it comes to new car pricing out looking at new metal with sister recently M2 we looked at 87k [emoji848]

Unreal car but crazy stuff.

My opnion on the Hyundai i30N is fair play to them for getting stuck in and producing something that's right up there with the best look forward to the group tests to see what's what but being compared in dynamic terms to Renault Sport cars is high praise

Have drove few of there ix35 the interior quality and ride comfort (crashy & harsh) not up there with best.

Feels like it won't last like a Golf.

Badge snobbery a funny thing as Tommy mentioned the Skoda comparison this N range if cars can prob lift Hyundai sane way Vrs did for skoda

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ix35 is an old generation car at this stage . having driven it's replacement the Tuscan the overall quality is well up there. and with the wife having had the weird little veloster thing , i genuinely struggle to find a quality difference between Hyundai and any vw car in similar price range . I'd be willing to bet we will see a few n cars on our roads if tax is competitive and it'll be cheaper an a golf r or an rs focus when both cars carry similar specs .

ix35 is an old generation car at this stage . having driven it's replacement the Tuscan the overall quality is well up there. and with the wife having had the weird little veloster thing , i genuinely struggle to find a quality difference between Hyundai and any vw car in similar price range . I'd be willing to bet we will see a few n cars on our roads if tax is competitive and it'll be cheaper an a golf r or an rs focus when both cars carry similar specs .

163 co2's so road tax will be €570

A performance car with (I assume) Hyundai's 5 year unlimited warrant - if nothing else they deserve credit for trying. Could have tried harder with the styling but other than that I agree with Tommy...I think it will sell better than expected.

Back