Let the modding begin!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Let the mods begin! Nothing too crazy! Ill stick it on later and see how it goes!
dsc00964fs5.jpg

dsc00965ju0.jpg

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=7357.msg86898#msg86898 date=1211285616]
I have one for sale. What a coincidence....
[/quote]

That is a coincidence! :lol: ,i bought an exhaust last night so cash is a bit of a prob now ....how much are you looking for it?

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=7357.msg86901#msg86901 date=1211286182]
Let me know if you still want me to call round with that hks special fin :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Defo, i'll do a bit of driving with the standard fin and then try yours and see which i prefer. You not going to fit one to your new mo mo?

Ok so got it fitted just now, the only bit of english instructions was on the back of the box said:

Push-type blow off valves require spring load settings for each vehicle specification. if the spring load setting is too soft, it may leak under high boost and may not reach the desired boot setting. If the spring load setting is too strong, it mat not open at low boost> The SSQV will operate under any boost pressure setting without leaking

So do i have to do anything with my SSQV apart from just installing it?

I pulled the one from the crashed legacy and put it on the new one :D not sure what to make of the fin,it sounds different alright,suppose ya hav to hear it for yourself to see if ya like it :thumbsup:

Eh i think its jus put it in and away ya go,dont think ya need to adjust it,i didnt with mine and it works grand :thumbsup:

are the fins easy to swap over? i have one or 2 bits left over from my installation kit, not sure where they are needed! Will take her for a nice long spin on the way home with the windows open! :subaru:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=7357.msg86983#msg86983 date=1211301588]
pointless...
[/quote]

the fins or the whole SSQV?

the whole SSQV..add no benefit at all..infact on a TT legacy they are determential to performance as the pressure from the first turbo is used to spool the second... so releasing it to atmosphere rather than recirculating it as the original wastegate does casues more lag and increases the VOD

ah right, hopefully this isn't the case with the single turbo setup in mine :thumbsup: Was looking for much benefit, just wanted that nice pssssssssshhhhhtttt sound! If its having a negative impact on mine i'll take it off and sell it

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=7357.msg86987#msg86987 date=1211302293]
the whole SSQV..add no benefit at all..infact on a TT legacy they are determential to performance as the pressure from the first turbo is used to spool the second... so releasing it to atmosphere rather than recirculating it as the original wastegate does casues more lag and increases the VOD
[/quote]

Your absolutely spot on Dave for twin turbos.................

I don't recommend them either..................

Single turbo Dan you'll be fine.......

there only 15e or something so buy all the fins try them all pick one and sell the others

Excuse my ignorance here but is it a fin type, or a completely different BOV type that makes that tff-tff-tff-tff noise? I've heard it on some S14's and a couple of Glanza's..

[quote author=scooby_wan_kenobi link=topic=7357.msg87127#msg87127 date=1211327891]
Excuse my ignorance here but is it a fin type, or a completely different BOV type that makes that tff-tff-tff-tff noise? I've heard it on some S14's and a couple of Glanza's..
[/quote]

Thats a Blitz BOV which makes that sound, mate of mine has one on a S14A, the Blitz job is dual stage, there is 2 ports one for low boost and one for high, the low boost makes the flutteriung sound, although my mate hates it on his!! You can use a different trumpet though which blocks the low boost port and eliminates the flutter.
:thumbsup:

Back