WANTED WRX 2004 back box

DannysSTI

Sunday Drivers
Just seeing if any of yous have a back box that will fit a 2004 wrx ? Something that has good sound as im just after fitting a non resonated center pipe going to an sti back box and i can confirm theres been 0 change in the noise / gurgle. Disappointing to say the least after spending 200 squids on it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sti back box did you fit photo please :thumbsup:
also when you say no differance you mean in noise level or over all tone . There should be a nice sound from a 2004 wrx Have a rcm back section there a it wasn't wat I wanted so went for a genome sti rear section

What sti back box did you fit photo please :thumbsup:
also when you say no differance you mean in noise level or over all tone . There should be a nice sound from a 2004 wrx Have a rcm back section there a it wasn't wat I wanted so went for a genome sti rear section

ee448603820b55f8e27c653ee8e1a36e.jpg

Picture attached, unsure as it was on the car when i bought it, both in noise level and sound, when you say wasnt what you wanted is that because of noise or look or ? Where are you based ? Thanks for your help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are Joe you should sell your collection and buy a prius . That shouldnt be loud :roll:

Full de-cat, de-resonated centre section, 3" titanium back box. Loud and proud.

Last edited:
Noise as it was too loud but I'm old and not fond of noise :icon_grin:

Ahh okay understandable ! How much would you be looking for it ? Any chance of postage also ? Thanks.

On a second note im not getting any notifications on comments on this thread, im using tapatalk app, any suggestions ? Thanks again really appreciate the help ! [emoji1303]

Still looking for one and must be 2.5" , preferably a prodrive box but not too fussy thanks everyone.

Hi dave cheers for the quick response, is it the full rear section (pipe and flange,box) And is there a decent noise from it ? As per my other threads ive an sti box and scoobyworld non resonated center section and has made no difference ? Thanks in advance.

Hi dave cheers for the quick response, is it the full rear section (pipe and flange,box) And is there a decent noise from it ? As per my other threads ive an sti box and scoobyworld non resonated center section and has made no difference ? Thanks in advance.
Prodrive has a louder noise then STi original.

But not dramaticaly

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had same on 04 wrx with prodrive rear box. I liked it nice suttle sound but louder than a standard sti box.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My advise Danny is don't spend any more money on a exhaust until you here a few in person, either come along to a meet and join up( best 50 euro you'll ever spend) as it will save you money in the long run or get along to a cars and coffee somewhere tomorrow and you'll hear some nice exhaust notes and deside what is best for you.

My advise Danny is don't spend any more money on a exhaust until you here a few in person, either come along to a meet and join up( best 50 euro you'll ever spend) as it will save you money in the long run or get along to a cars and coffee somewhere tomorrow and you'll hear some nice exhaust notes and deside what is best for you.

Yeah done a bit of research and alot of different notes from different boxes etc, is there one on tomorrow ? Thanks for all the advice lads !

Good advice right there definitely join up see a lot more even had a exhaust thread in members section before from what I remember I have prodrive exhaust nice rumble but would be considered quite nice sound though I like it perks up a bit when opened up. What neck of woods you in there is a meet coming up but can only see if full member plenty of different types sound etc lads would be happy to let you hear them

Good advice right there definitely join up see a lot more even had a exhaust thread in members section before from what I remember I have prodrive exhaust nice rumble but would be considered quite nice sound though I like it perks up a bit when opened up. What neck of woods you in there is a meet coming up but can only see if full member plenty of different types sound etc lads would be happy to let you hear them

Anywhere in south dublin would suit dont mind travelling a bit, yeah dont worry full membership is definitely on the cards i wanna get out to proper dedicated subaru meets and get the full enjoyment of owning the car haha [emoji23]

Subaru meet in 2 weeks time on the south side of Dublin or there's a cars and coffee meet in bray tomorrow, there might be a Subaru or two there

Back