Future Classics Racing

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
Hi lads hope you don’t mind me setting up this here. I’m looking after the PR side of things for the class so thought it might be interesting to start a progress thread here for the class. If anyone has any interest in the class this will also me a handy way for me to give out some information. I raced with these guys in 2016 and absolutely loved it. This year I done selected itcc events and a few sprints. I’ll be back racing with Future Classics in 2018 as they now have a new faster class which suits my car better.
Plenty of lads on here with track cars that might be interested in racing at some stage so I’ll keep this updated as best as I can over next season.
I made up this little video for the lads based on onboard I had from two cars. I’ll be looking at doing more of these and hopefully get better at it as the year go’s on, with more camera angles and more cars.
https://youtu.be/xSlvqp_erR0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this video is not available it says
bcb5b0b1e6e1ce90416bdfd648a69a71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

good man Adrian :clap: will be great to keep up to date and give an insight into what goes on :clap:

look forward to the updates Adrian :thumbsup:

good man Adrian :clap: will be great to keep up to date and give an insight into what goes on :clap:

look forward to the updates Adrian :thumbsup:

Cheers Joe!
Should be an interesting year with two weekends up north on the calendar[emoji106]

Great stuff Adrian, do you ever see in the future will the regs allow a impreza or legacy in??

Great stuff Adrian, do you ever see in the future will the regs allow a impreza or legacy in??

Cheers dude[emoji106]
Unfortunately the Subaru breaks two fundamental rules. Turbo and AWD. Now I know a NA subaru is no problem and if it were made front or RWD then there would be no issue. It’s a pity someone doesn’t do this as it would be great to see one on the grid..

Last edited:
What are the basic regs for car and driver for this?

Hi Seanie

Ok the main regulations are the age of car is the 21 year rule..

For 2018:
All car models must have been on general sale on or before 31st December 1997. For example, If an individual car was manufactured in 1999 but that particular model and mark was on sale on or before 31st December 1997, then your car is deemed eligible.

Engine must be NA no forced induction or bike engines.
Sequential gearbox and AWD are also not allowed.

No limit on weight or engine mods really so that’s nice.

Two barrier times for 2018:

Times for national circuit:
Super futures class. 1:07
Future classic class. 1:09

Times for international circuit:
Super future class. 2:06.5
Future Classics class. 2:09.5

I can email anyone a full set of the regulations[emoji106]

Nice video that and great to see (for myself as I have a soft spot for an Alfa 155) an old Isdc member, Dave owens driving the martini clad car there, he used to have a black blobeye about 10 years ago now and was a active member on here.

Cheers Adrian.

Nice video that and great to see (for myself as I have a soft spot for an Alfa 155) an old Isdc member, Dave owens driving the martini clad car there, he used to have a black blobeye about 10 years ago now and was a active member on here.

Cheers Adrian.

That’s correct!
Absolute gentleman, Dave is one of the first guys I got to know through the class. Loves his cars and along with the Austin Mastro and 306 race cars he actually had another 155 he is working on. Mad for cars and ya could chat him all day long[emoji106]

Ya sound lad

I'm getting parts for my 155 off him over Xmas hopefully.

Maybe one day I'll put the Alfa on the grid

Just a little progress update from MicksGarage.com Future Classics!
MicksGarage.com have confirmed their continued support for the class into 2018 for the third year in a row. This is a great boost to the class and will further strengthen the popularity this class is gathering. By all accounts Mondello themselves are noticing a huge interest in the class from new club members getting license forms stamped. At the moment we are looking at grids well in excessive of twenty cars, and could very well reach high twenties!
If anyone is looking for parts online make sure and use out discount codes..

future10 = 10% off all online purchases.

future15 = 15% off all online purchases over eighty euro.
So check out the link below for some great savings[emoji106]

https://www.micksgarage.com/home

Back