Tyres... what to get!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
torn between a few different tyres:
Toyo T1-R's - 370 delivered
Falken 452's - 320 Euro delivered
Goddyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - 400 Euro delivered

Had the goodyear on the altezza, and thought they were great. Anyone have any opinions on the others or recommend other tyres? Would go for the Flakens if they were good since, they are the cheapest!

I had Goodyear eagle F1's on a car I had 5 years ago swore I'd never get them again. Kept loosing the back end and eventually when side on into a tree on my way to get the tyres replaced. Black ice helped with that but I found the tyres flighty at the best of times.

The Toyo T1-R's seem to be great from what I've heard other lads say.

Think I'll be trying them the next time I need tyres.

have a set of toyos on my car and think there great.....
dont throw my car round much but they seem great as a seasonal tyre!!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Pete link=topic=9921.msg117905#msg117905 date=1222858842]
Toyos are nice and sticky Dan :thumbsup:
[/quote]

heard the Toyo's are quite soft ie wear quickly.

Pete that avatar is scary. change it back!

I've always used Eagle F1's and have never had a problem with them - one of the best all round tyres.

Toyo's are also very good but will wear very quickly as they are a soft compound but they are nice and grippy :thumbsup:

Eric - I'd say the black ice more than helped with your problem :icon_grin:

Alan.

[quote author=Pete link=topic=9921.msg117912#msg117912 date=1222859819]
Elmo is on holidays :wink:

Where are you getting the tyres from Dan?
[/quote]

lads in works saying to use http://www.camskill.co.uk/

Cheapest place i could find . now im thinking what about a nice new rota torque/tyres package hmmmm....

i got 4 goodyear eagles from eiretyres.com delivered to the door for 360euro a couple of weeks ago, good service no messin around took 4 days to arrive :thumbsup:

Have the falken fk452 on mine and have to say am very impressed with them,until you wear them in they can slide a bit but after that they have tonnes of grip in dry and the wet :thumbsup:

If they don't take your fancy i've heard the uniroyal rainsport are the dogs

only thing bout the uniroyals is they are predominately a rain tyre!!!!!
will wear faster in dryer conditions!!!!

had the standard potenza's on the car took them off and put toyos's on. the toyos are alot softer actually there very soft compared to the potenza's but a big improve for the sh1t roads we have here

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=9921.msg117996#msg117996 date=1222881137]
only thing bout the uniroyals is they are predominately a rain tyre!!!!!
will wear faster in dryer conditions!!!!

[/quote]

they should last for years in ireland so :lol: i have 4 uniroyals under my baby and i find them excellent

Back