Fuel consumption thread!

N

Norris!

so i decided to take this discusion out of the "photoshop request" topic and put them in its own topic! its an age old discussion really isnt it, fuel consumption, wich cars are easy on fuel consumption and how can we increase it? my car, (1.6 with an induction kit and back box) gets me about 120 - 130 miles per €20 but as i stated many times before, i would be really badly in search of a petrol station at that state, most other 1.6 scooby drivers reckon they get about that too. its good fuel consumption i guess, but it could be better you know. i would be interested to see what sort of mileage the turbo boys get out of there yokes, and what sort of methods you lads use to keep the MPG up. take it away lads!

Norris.

Top tips for improved fuel consumption:

• Never use air conditioning
• Always keep your windows shut
• Don't use anything electrical:
• dip beam is only essential if properly dark - never use full beam
•  no stereo - just whistle or hum
• Indicators - let them flash once only just before maneouvering
• Accelerate sensibly, obey speed limits

That all should give you about 25% extra fuel consumption :subaru: and the loss of your will to live :lol:

But seriously....

I consistently get 440km from 50 litres (that's about 275 miles) in my WRX sometimes less with a heavy right boot (400km/250miles), often a lot better on a long run (500km/310 miles). I've got some nerdy stats somewhere, I'll post them when I get chance.

Around 350-400KMS max per full tank. Can reduce drastically when givin her the doc :D :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

i get three hundred kilometres taking it really handy

here's my post lifted from the photoshop thread:

Driving a bugeye impreza 1.6 and the fuel consumption is crap compared to the classic. I used to get up to 340 miles to a tank in the classic but 310 is as high as the bugeye has got. And I think its petrol tank is 5 litres bigger too

That 310 miles is a real rarity though, most of the time I'm looking to refill at about 280 miles (which would roughly tie in with your 120 for 20euro Norris)

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=814.msg6593#msg6593 date=1163716170]
You shouldn't really be judging it by the amount of Euros spent cos the prices fluctuate over the year :dunno:
[/quote]

Or from Garage to Garage :angry:

Alan.

yeh i suppose, but it always ends about 19 - 20 ltrs or inabouts, yeh know

It's not really relavent quoting how many miles per tankfull as the size of tank can vary between scoobys . :ponder:

My Legacy Turbo has a 60 litre tank & I average 250 miles per tank , or in more realistic terms 19 mpg ! :eek:mg:

Surprisingly enough the car was no harder on fuel when I was towing a loaded car transporter up to kirkiston ! :headbanger:

My old 2.2 non turbo Legacy averaged around 25 mpg but I used to drive it harder than the current car . :D

John your 1.6 bugeye impreza
is heavier on fuel compared to your
1.6ltr classic cause you've gone from a
2wd car to 4wd and about an extra 200KG's
or so in weight :)

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=814.msg6622#msg6622 date=1163757888]
John your 1.6 bugeye impreza
is heavier on fuel compared to your
1.6ltr classic cause you've gone from a
2wd car to 4wd and about an extra 200KG's
or so in weight :)

Niall.
[/quote]
You forgot about the golf clubs and golf trolley in the boot Niall ;)

440KM to a full tank in my STi. That drops to 350/370 with a heavy foot.

Back