de-tango'd

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Got some crystal clear side repeaters and front indicators with Silvatec bulbs. Thanks to ScoobyWorld. Car looks much better.

29yjatj.jpg

40c10ra.jpg

(cannot get the stupid 555 sticker off, I hate it.)

I use this for spares! LOL LOL

2lclahh.jpg

ah it should fly through..mine did thank god.didnt think it would cause my brakes were crap..let us know how she goes..

failed NCT. :angry: :angry:

1)Brake bulb blew on the way to the test! Can you believe that :angry:
2)Handbrake not tight enough
3)Headlamps not aligned.

Had a pre NCT test done so I brought it back to the garage and they are blaming my upgraded PIAA headlamps for the alignment.

This bloody test is such a pain in the ass.

bad luck andy

does it mean a full re-test of can you just go back for them to do one of these quick checks??

like the clear indicators, where exactly did you get them from

[quote author=wasps rfc link=topic=792.msg6389#msg6389 date=1163525501]
bad luck andy

does it mean a full re-test of can you just go back for them to do one of these quick checks??
[/quote]

because they have to use a piece of equipment(headlamp alignment) I will have to pay a re-test fee. I think its 27EURO.

got the clear indicators from www.scoobyworld.co.uk

You should never bother with pre-test. Waste of money. Just let NCT give you short list. And yes spray them little orange things BLACK.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=792.msg6362#msg6362 date=1163505925]
Got some crystal clear side repeaters and front indicators with Silvatec bulbs. Thanks to ScoobyWorld. Car looks much better.

29yjatj.jpg

40c10ra.jpg

(cannot get the stupid 555 sticker off, I hate it.)

I use this for spares! LOL LOL

2lclahh.jpg

[/quote]Hair dryer on full peal off sticker clean off with white spirit worked on mine. Like those indicators

as a matter of interest when u went for the nct did you allow them do your brake test on the rolling road ?......as the impreza has constant 4 wheel drive this is a definite no no, you need to make sure you tell them it's four wheel drive when you are booking in.

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=792.msg6414#msg6414 date=1163547284]
as a matter of interest when u went for the nct did you allow them do your brake test on the rolling road ?......as the impreza has constant 4 wheel drive this is a definite no no, you need to make sure you tell them it's four wheel drive when you are booking in.
[/quote]
They nearly always ask now at the NCT. They like any opportunity they can get to burn someone's clutch in the car park!!

yeah your man was doing laps of the test centre in mine.i think he would have passed it regardless as he was having so much fun :D

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=792.msg6414#msg6414 date=1163547284]
[/quote]

I told the girl at the desk to tell the tester it was AWD, and yes the tester blasted around the building and hit the brakes. What I was not happy about was the testers taking pictures of the car. During the test the other testers stopped on their cars and came over to sit in mine. At one stage there were 4 testers all having a little sit inside each trying the drivers seat. Its the pictures that pissed me off most. How am I to know they are not providing my name, address and pictures to people who "steal to order"?

Back