Att: Alan,Turbo,Jhonny5

sorry niall didnt go up. but i did go to the time attack to cheer on pdsti,read my other post to find out

didnt even make it as far as balbriggan and my engine blew up,will find out tomorrow for definite,but it didnt sound like a scooby when i stopped.More like broken tractor.Met turbo up ther for the first time,he bought a pug 205 the night b4 and seemed to be enjoying himself.
ALAN

sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christ sorry to hear that Alan,
Did she just dye or did something go bang ???

Niall.

I bought a Pug 205 1.9 GTI on Saturday night , arriving home with it at 10.50 pm  ! After some grub & started checking it over & giving it a bit of servicing , taking it for a few 'test runs' during the night - it's great living in the country ! I was switching the light off in the garage at 6 am but I had the car all loaded up , ready to go . :shock:

I left the house at 10.30 am & arrived at Kirkiston at 1 pm - it only took 15 mins longer towing the trailer & car ! I managed to get 2 sessions & had a ball in the car . The 205 is so much more 'chuckable' than the legacy & a lot more forgiving . As I was running on road tyres I was able to have great fun drifting around the bends plus I was not worried about having to drive the car home again if I damaged it . 8)

I was just heading out for my 3rd session when the brake pedal went to the floor . :eek:mg:  One of the original 20 year old front steel brake pipes had split meaning the end of my day . :( Just as well it happened there rather than trying to slow for the hairpin . Up to that stage the car had driven very well for such an old car , especially for a peugeot . The car lived up to it's reputation with great performance & handling . I've just got the interior stripped out & I'm going to install a roll cage and fully prepare the car for track use - no 1 on the list being new brake lines . :D

I recieved an e-mail from Trackskills yesterday to tell me that they are putting on an extra track day on the 26th Nov so if anyone's interested contact them asap to book yourself in as it's likely to fill up fast .

Alan , sorry about your car problems - keep us posted on what the garage say .

Back