time attack 29th

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
hi lads ,davewrx ,scoobyke and myself johnny5 all headed to the time attack and prodrift event in mondello yesterday to cheer on philip (pdsti) in the time attack as he had just got his new engine in (only finished that morning at 9 oclock i mite add).with his new engine pushing out around 500 brake he was hopeing for a win against the big guys(westcoastcustoms) which had three cars with them, last years winning car a scooby no doubt and two evo 4s kitted out.
With phiips car starting of well and looking very quick ,the bad luck kicked in again and his turbo manifold cracked (he thinks)after a few mechanics looked over it nothing could be done.So with the massive loss in power about 200 bhp any thought of a win was out the window.after all the hard work put into the car through out the night philip didnt give up and finished off the day racing hard.westcoastcustoms had the last laugh coming in with there cars in the top three and taking the over all championshp and definately deserveing it.there cars looked and sounded great and put in some amazing times, i also have to say the lads of westcost were very nice and helpful anwsering all are questions about there cars and not minding us having a good look around them.well done lads

Sounds good Johnny sorry I missed it. Hard luck to Phillip alright. Also I think its East Coast Customs your talking about rather then West. Although there isa place called west coast customs aswell as far as I know. :thumbsup:

sorry lads head up my arse.

also on the way there we got a bit of open road and as you do ,we had little fun ,with robby and myself in near standard uk spec turbos and daves white classic project car with 150 brake more than ares you can just quess what happened.finally catchin dave true a cloud of exhaust fumes and a few minutes later in traffic he was lookin at me laughin and i just had to laugh to,probably with excitment.
Great car dave hopefully youll have a bit of compition next year :D :clap: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

did any one see the red evo4 at time attack, who was driving it?? its a fast car and a faster driver

yeah must addmit the time attack was good,those boys from eastcoastcustoms really know there stuff,and there 3 cars are extemely quick,pity though bout philp he started out flying but you could def see he was loosing power...nice one for having some heart anyway,
Dave...let me tell you mate Davewrx left us for dust that car of his is really quick...i could def say how far of a gap he left us traffic etc etc...
@Kenc yeah that red evo was wicked,some amount of power,thats one of those cars from eastcoast again..

[attachment deleted by admin]

[quote author=KENC link=topic=676.msg5264#msg5264 date=1162251911]
did any one see the red evo4 at time attack, who was driving it?? its a fast car and a faster driver
[/quote]

Although mapped by EastCoastCustoms its owned/built and driven by Kenny Wylie from bodyshop 2000 in Magherafelt. Impressive driving Im told made more impressive if you knew he's driving with a cage on his leg after a massive off 14 or 15 months ago where almost every bone in his body was smashed!!!
When (if ever) he regains full fitness he will be hard to catch...

ha robby you look happy in that photo ha ha,nice pictures man.

hay dave leggy
                              we all started about the same 70 ish mls in 3rd side by side and floored it and he just pulled away it was only when he levelled out about 120-130 did we catch him.he didnt go in to the distance like but if we were, lets say going around mondello track you should lose sight of him after afew corners, anless i was drivin of course as i would catch him NOT!!!!!!
                                                    but seriously it a fast car mate as you know

:subaru:

The loss in power was a blown manifold there was a hole the size of a old pound coin . Not sure what kind of manifold it was but it did not blow on a weld. Have to say the lads at tdp did a great job they put alot of effort to get the car even to mondello changing the turbo in the early hours on sunday..the car felt very fast at first then big loss in power .( i was say the lest sick after all the effort..)

the new turbo on the car is a gt spec garret t32 which is able for 3 bar The car was running 1.5 bar at 400 bhp at the wheels..
Bring on next year and some luck would do nicely..

Philip.

Well done Philip great to see ya taking part
Sorry to hear about your blown manifold
christ that was a big hole in it ??? :ponder: :ponder:

Holy fook thats a hughe turbo did the lads at TDP have
much probs fitting it ??

Niall

Back