2.5" centre section with standard cats newage

tomo

Petrolheads
Hi lads, will 2.5" centre section fit on standard cats that are 2.25" or will I need to modify it? And will straight through centre section be much louder than a resonated one?

If I remember correctly you should be fine. All 2.5 are the same. My last exhaust which was the HKS was a desresonated 3" center section and back box and that matched up fine. It will be louder. I don't think I had any problems but that was 2 odd years ago.

All 2.5" are the same :thumbsup: Will sound a bit louder all Right but won't be hugely different :thumbsup:

Is standard exhaust on a newage wrx 2.5" or 2.25" as not 100% sure? Thought the cats are 2.25"...

Yeah will fit alright. I sold an STI cat back (2.5) to a guy with a 1.6 and it fit straight on. AFAIK the 1.6 are 2.25, so no problems. The donut gasket kinda fits over it. It'll work alright.
Non resonated section will make it a little louder and a little less... Resonated lol more burbly so I've been told.
I decided to go for resonated section just to keep it reasonably quiet for daily driving

Only got a chance to measure a diameter of cats on 02 wrx and it is 2.4" outside diameter which is 2.25" inner diameter. Will a 2.5" pipe fit p&p or will need some modification?

main thing you need to know is the size of flanges - if the holes are alligning and size of flange is roughly the same, it will fit. I have currently fitted 3'' pipe onto 2.5'' pipe where you can clearly see that the pipe is much larger diameter, but flange sits flush on the outside.

Back