My first Scooby!

Mecca76

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. My name is Marcel living in Dublin, only picked up my baby about a month ago and absolutely loving her, Im now the third Irish owner post import. Have always loved Legacy's and finally I have a Legacy GT.
Early days yet but short term plans are to modify the headlights and tail lights. I want to upgrade the projector to a G5-R and some demon eyes, also replace all halogen bulbs with LED bulbs, still on the fence as to whether i'll add switchback halos though, also I want to covert the bottom portion of the rear lights to also be break lights. Definately needs some TLC on the paint work and rubber trim so will on the flip side of the winter give her a good polish and treatment
DB4L64n.jpg
qES4qpm.jpg

Fair play nice looking leggy and few nice scenic shots you fit right in here welcome along [emoji106]

Welcome along man. Tasty looking Legacy, seen it advertised myself. There's a few of them popping into ISDC lately lol
As Gary said, love the pics also, first one is class.
Hope to see it out and about some time ????

Your very welcome, great cars, I had one for three years as a daily, great compromise, speed and comfort, enjoy it,????

Welcome to the forums and lovely clean looking car. Well wear [emoji106]

Re headlights - if it doesn't have Xenons yet, consider a retrofit kit. Got one recent and I'm very pleased with the output and results.
493b3a6586c5bf6039599f51ec432dae.jpg
f105a07f213ff6018b1b670675fd7ba3.jpg

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Welcome to the forums and lovely clean looking car. Well wear [emoji106]

Re headlights - if it doesn't have Xenons yet, consider a retrofit kit. Got one recent and I'm very pleased with the output and results.
493b3a6586c5bf6039599f51ec432dae.jpg
f105a07f213ff6018b1b670675fd7ba3.jpg

#hmblwgn

Nice retrofit!, ye actually it does have HID as per JDM projectors but I find the projectors a bit weak, granted the lenses need a good refurbish after all these years and that alone would boost the light output but doing some research into updated projectors I was impressed with the G5-R (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEWEa_uBSZk) and wouldnt need to much modification to fit plus would have the bonus of being bi-xenon with both the projector and oem reflector high beam output.

If that's the case with the lamps themselves, I'd highly recommend getting them cleaned properly. I done it myself lately and makes a HUGE difference to output man.

Give it a shot anyway ????

Lovely car I used to have one of these in a blitzen get it mapped for Irish fuel they detonate badly as they have a high compression ratio, it will then go for ever unless you write it off, pm me I know a lot about them and where to get parts and mechanics

Nice retrofit!, ye actually it does have HID as per JDM projectors but I find the projectors a bit weak, granted the lenses need a good refurbish after all these years and that alone would boost the light output but doing some research into updated projectors I was impressed with the G5-R (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEWEa_uBSZk) and wouldnt need to much modification to fit plus would have the bonus of being bi-xenon with both the projector and oem reflector high beam output.
Just looked at the video and it looks well worth it. Very similar to the light cut off on mine and definite go Bi Xenon. It's not hard to do like you mentioned but quite time consuming. Maybe try and get the lenses cleaned and refurbed first before buying a new projector. Also an alignment might help focus it better as well [emoji106]

#hmblwgn

Lovely car I used to have one of these in a blitzen get it mapped for Irish fuel they detonate badly as they have a high compression ratio, it will then go for ever unless you write it off, pm me I know a lot about them and where to get parts and mechanics

You get rid of the Blitzen John?

Just looked at the video and it looks well worth it. Very similar to the light cut off on mine and definite go Bi Xenon. It's not hard to do like you mentioned but quite time consuming. Maybe try and get the lenses cleaned and refurbed first before buying a new projector. Also an alignment might help focus it better as well [emoji106]

#hmblwgn

Ye the Bi-xenon thing really sold it for me, luckily I managed to get another set of headlights that were alreadty opened (bought of a guy in UK converting his UK Legy to JDM headlights but he sold the car before he finished the conversion, main thing though they have fresh looking plastic fronts so will mod these with the G5-R bi-Xenon's, atleast then I will still have my original headlights.
My other plan is to convert the rear tailights to have the bottom part also be the red running lights, and break lights, have all the parts even a european tail light with the fog light socket which is perfect as its the opposite side so no hole cutting needed. Just waiting on bulb holders for the dual filament type bulbs. Will need a bit of modding to fit the socket but nothing major.

Ye Im not sure if it was already done as Im the third Irish owner, but would like to get it checked out to see if it is remapped for Irish fuel. Although have been filling her with Circle K Mile Plus.

Back