Tyres

Jennyb

Hey Everyone, looking to buy all weather tyres for my Subaru Forester, heard the all weather Nokians were good but then someone told me the all weather Pirellis were great. Not pushed on price would rather pay the extra for a good tyre. Any views on the two up against eachother??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Jenny

Have a Forester myself heard good things about both tires you mentioned

A friend lives in deep Wicklow and runs Nankang Sv-2 on his Sti for years and swears by em so that's what I got very happy with em

My 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
32440ab121fd96715c76a4220586c5f1.jpg

Thanks Ciaran, will have a look at them now they look a lot like the Nokians. Was hoping to narrow it down but thanks for the extra mix haha

Thanks Ciaran, will have a look at them now they look a lot like the Nokians. Was hoping to narrow it down but thanks for the extra mix haha
Sorry but my experance of winter's limited ive only ever run The various Eagle F1s apart from thease

Good luck with search

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nokians are the best and far superior .... hands down (from both person experience and any test you'll read).
Have run them on different Impreza's, V70, Audis etc... and cannot fault them in any way.

That said... they are dear, and because of demand they are not always available either.

The Nankangs that Ciaran mentioned are not in the same class as the Nokian... However, they are pretty good for the cost of them. I've run the Nankang SV2 winters all year round on our Hyundai Tuscon, Santa-Fe, v70, Audi A6 Allroad, and have them on winter wheels for the Hawk STI (and had them on winter wheels for the A4 3.0tdi quattro). Some people snub the Nankangs as it is a discount brand, but personally think they are good value for what they deliver - and traction in snow and on frosty roads is good (and a million times better than what an all season or summer tyre can give).

Just remember that winter tyres need a bit more air in them for optimal grip - typically between 10-15% extra over what the manual/sticker says. This is to compensate for the softer compound and sidewalls (and fact they heat up less during use and hence less additional pressure build up during use).

Nokians are the best and far superior .... hands down (from both person experience and any test you'll read).
Have run them on different Impreza's, V70, Audis etc... and cannot fault them in any way.

That said... they are dear, and because of demand they are not always available either.

The Nankangs that Ciaran mentioned are not in the same class as the Nokian... However, they are pretty good for the cost of them. I've run the Nankang SV2 winters all year round on our Hyundai Tuscon, Santa-Fe, v70, Audi A6 Allroad, and have them on winter wheels for the Hawk STI (and had them on winter wheels for the A4 3.0tdi quattro). Some people snub the Nankangs as it is a discount brand, but personally think they are good value for what they deliver - and traction in snow and on frosty roads is good (and a million times better than what an all season or summer tyre can give).

Just remember that winter tyres need a bit more air in them for optimal grip - typically between 10-15% extra over what the manual/sticker says. This is to compensate for the softer compound and sidewalls (and fact they heat up less during use and hence less additional pressure build up during use).
Thanks a million :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back