Best mod you have done to your car..

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
For the bit of craic lads, just to see your opinions of stuff.
Not so much "best mod for power" but just a generic thing you have done that gave you the most "that's way better" feeling.
If it be Tommy's steering wheel or tractor man's racing seat or something as simple as a lip kit or mudflaps installed.

If nothing else, it be an interesting thread :thumbsup:

I haven't massive work done as of yet, but so far, it be the silicone turbo inlet and Y pipe for me. Changed the intake sound massively, very nice deep grunt off the engine now... But I've only just started here lol

What you got!?

My Tomei exhaust followed closely by my rare Syms grille and fog covers. Nobody else has them in the club.

More boost [emoji1] In honesty though I'm not sure I could narrow it down to one thing. For example on the wrx I did everything in stages, new tires drastically helped improve grip especially in corners, then sti suspension improved handling etc...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Kyb ultra Sr Eibachs & Aps be my favorate done

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Anti lag.. Christ I forgot all about that in existence lol
That be something epic alright

If anything this will open few options for people when deciding what to do next. That question never leaves lol

I have to admit, exhaust sound is big for me but I love intake just as much. Handling and tires will follow also

doesnt get used enough , but id prob say anti-lag aswell .

but i would say best mod for most is possibly the remapping of the ecu as it releases the true potential of the car , supporting mods such as engine , turbo ,exhaust ,no matter the level, are all brought together by the brain of the car .

one that makes me happy is prob the lil red nurburgring sticker got in ED's petrol station , as it only went on after my rubber had graced the tarmac of the foxhole ,for me it is a reminder of best place on earth i have had the pleasure of multiple visits .

one that makes me happy is prob the lil red nurburgring sticker got in ED's petrol station , as it only went on after my rubber had graced the tarmac of the foxhole ,for me it is a reminder of best place on earth i have had the pleasure of multiple visits .

That is something I can truly respect. A class thing to have on your car. Like a little passport stamp lol love it!

Good thread Eoin
I would say for me it has to be the mapping that was done a lot of work to get it ready and two trips to Galway but well worth it completely transformed car super smooth delivery and new found torque makes it along with a set of new coilovers made it a bit more comfortable for one and better handling I suppose all bits done bring car along I don’t think I’ll ever be done

I'll have to get a wee spin in your motor next time Gary
400lbs torque you said was it? Or am I raving?
I need to get mine mapped too. But I'm thinking will I leave that be the last thing I do..
Big transformation I reckon. Springs, sports cat, fuel pump injectors etc all need doing also.. So might just gather parts for a while. Undecided as of yet haha

tyres would be another thing high on my list , got a set of semi-slick road/track tyre ,the nankang ns2r . they were on the lower price bracket for a track tyre but were getting good reviews. deffo noticed a grip difference as a daily but the sidewalls are harder and comfort was comprimsed for grip.but if i wanted comfort d be in a merc :)

Very hard to put the finger on a single item ,

Forged motor is high up on the list , as is the Nurspec, and the wheels , oh the rcm induction , impossible to pick one thing because they all add to the experience of the car ,

Your raving alright ya raver [emoji12] can’t remember figures but the rr day will make a lier out of me no doubt

Back