Insurance for older cars

ocarros

Sunday Drivers
Hi, I'm just wondering if people on here are experiencing any issues with insurers not wanting to quote for older cars. My insurance is due for renewal towards the end of December and I'm looking at quotes now. My car (Forester 2.5Xten) is 13 years old and it's getting pretty worrying that most insurers won't quote. Whilst I only have 4 years NCB (I had a company car prior to 2014) I have zero claims and zero points. I have the wife on as a named driver too.

I'm waiting on my renewal quote from my current insurer (Allianz) and no matter what they quote, it seems I'll be staying with them. Has anyone got a broker they recommend or know of any deals out there? As an FYI, my father in law had a 17 year old scenic that was sound. Fully NCTd. He had to scrap it as no insurer would quote him and his existing insurer was taking the pish with their quote. He has zero claims, zero points and full NCB. I don't want to get rid of my Forester (can't afford to at present) but in a couple of years, might I not be able to afford to insure it?

I know there is a separate issue here with insurance companies and the Government on this - but my question is: Anyone have any tips or brokers they recommend for getting good deals? There must be something out there (I hope!)

One deal I am aware of with Allianz is that they give a whopping 25% discount if you also have a tax saver travel ticket. Very handy if you're a daily commuter.

Hi oscars,

Firstly I found Allianz probably one of the better companies to deal when insuring older cars,

For the last two years I was running a 2004 Toyota celica as a daily and I had a type r 1998 impreza insured on classic insurance both with allianz.

Just bought a 2006 car and again allianz gave me a great quote, other companies wouldn't even quote me in the Celica even though nctd etc.

The problem here is they want ye to buy new cars , end of and the dilemma for us is our cars are old but not old enough to qualify for classic insurance.

Stay with allianz is my advice????

2003 WRX here. Munstergroup brokers in Clare which insure me through Liberty. 24 with close to 5 years NCB and no points, I still pay a heavy fee but it did come down ever so slightly this year.

2002 e39 530d insured with 123.ie , only company to give decent quote last year , renewed last week with them and was 50euro cheaper this year . Didnt even bother ringing around for other quotes.

Im with kennco, they're fairly reasonable with me in fairness

Another guy at some brokers, can't remember who, said that insurance companies HAVE to quote you on an older car if you own the car for two years or more
Dono any more about it but I only bought my car in February and that's why some weren't quoting me..

I'm paying AXA €1300 for a 2004 D4D 2 litre corolla and I have 9 years NCB. While my subaru only costs me €289 with autoline [emoji23] [emoji23] stupid country we are living in now.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Eoinmack, your existing insurer does have to quote you but with no competition, the insurer can charge what they want hence why father in law had to scrap his scenic. His premium skyrocketed and he had no other insurer to go to

Got my renewal quote from Allianz and the monthly premium has come down €10. Happy with that

For any kind of car insurance renewal quote I like to advise to contact to Britton Insurance. They always suggest the low cost insurance quote for great value. I bought my car insurance from there with in budget. They nicely explain all the policy terms very well.

You on commission David, 3 posts this morning and all Brotton insurance related and a hyperlink to Britton Insurance.....

You on commission David, 3 posts this morning and all Britton insurance related and a hyperlink to Britton Insurance.....
7020572f29d80c99fe02d99837a65e6a.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back