Leaking boot under wing

Gary sti

ISDC Club Member
As above have a small leak under wing when heavy rain or water sitting on lid what I need is the rubber washer that goes under wing to make seal good again. Have anyone a handy place to get these or do I have to search the net.

Was looking for the seal kit myself Gar and don't seem to be available ,

Window gasket seems to be best bet , was only talking to Joe yesterday about same thing

Was looking for the seal kit myself Gar and don't seem to be available ,

Window gasket seems to be best bet , was only talking to Joe yesterday about same thing

Mine have just gone a bit flat and brittle they are just the rubber disc I need and are a snug fit around bolts I am going to try Importcarparts tomorrow if I have any luck I’ll let yous know could make a set easy enough but a bit of trial trying to get thickness all round to be bang on. If it’s any consolation I rang another Subaru garage near me said they come with wing [emoji20] I need to stop ringing them for parts answers aren’t great tbh leave it with me so

I'm taking off my big wing so I'll be checking out what's under there. I'll need to buy new hardware. It may be a case of going to a shop and getting rubber seals and washers in the end.

There about the size of a an old pound coin 2mm thick or so from what I remember I’ll ring tomorrow or even if I had a part number to give would be a help if anyone has it

I’ve used 3M foam tape before.
Keeps water out and can be removed easily with a toffee wheel without leaving damage on the paint.

Did it on my alloy boot lid so I didn’t have to re paint after high rise spoiler was removed.

Has to be cut to shape obviously but did the job for me.

Seal around spoiler is a foam strip.
4b5ca314cc50b2d83a807b6eed38a862.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Looking at that diagram , the seal is in a load of pieces so even if you redo the seal water can still get around the seals ??
Hardly ideal as water will still get in

Looking at that diagram , the seal is in a load of pieces so even if you redo the seal water can still get around the seals ??
Hardly ideal as water will still get in

Yep there design is too drain water off it’s the rubber disc around bolt that stops the water getting in you probably have that sponge gasket in your work van tommy I got a roll off one of service lads rang Importcarparts they don’t do reseal kit for wing could get them made locally if I knew the thickness or if c&r might do them if I get I’ll get the wing off and investigate

Back