Brake disc damaged

tomo

Petrolheads
I am afraid I know the answer but wanna make sure. Is this disc safe to put back on a car or do I need new ones?

jsSUc97.jpg

a0fr4DY.jpg

Last edited:
Not really clear from the photo how much has Cracked off just the little lip on the inside of the disc . How deep

I forgot about this thread. Got the damaged piece off and this is how it looks like now.

JwmrF4d.jpg

Personally I wouldn?t chance it, god knows what the heat and stress will do if it?s already weakened - never worth taking a chance when it comes to brakes or tyres in my opinion.

get in touch with Eurocarparts - they do fairly cheap parts, I wouldnt be putting that back on the car personally, the disks unless you go expensive after market ones, arent that dear, to be risking potentially damaging other parts of the wheel assembly

This was my first thought but then someone told me it should be fine so wanted to get others opinions as I am not a brake expert. Shame as they are still very thick. Thanks for your help guys, the brembos need to wait for another while before I get new discs then :thumbsup:

Back