Garage Fire

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
This poor man after losing a genuine 555 (P134 XBW) and a S3 WRC (P10 WRC) in a fire the weekend.
He had them up for sale as a retirement fund. Just chatted him briefly at a McRae event in Knockhill couple of years ago, bought them at the right time he said!!
You would wonder even if they were insured would they have paid out their true value.
The WRC being a winning McRae car was worth some money all be it not a round of WRC at the time.
The 555 was Niall Maguire's first Impreza so have fond memories of that back in 1999.
Also lost an Evo 9 and another car i believe, reckons it was an arson attack.

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/...rs/listings/41125/Subaru-S4-WRC-Ex-McRae.html

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/...-N/listings/41126/Subaru-Impreza-Group-A.html

Attachments

• fire.png
    fire.png
    899.1 KB · Views: 151
So sick to see... a piece of motoring history gone up in flame due to what appears to be business rivalry.

aww thats rotten ide never get over that particular loss,, i had two bikes stolen on me in cabra no insurance on them just bought them i still remember the feeling its just sickening,
feckin ****heads .

very sad to see. even if they catch them and whaever punishment they get it will not bring back the piece of hystory that was lost in the fire

Business rival??? God almighty does he not do recovery or something?

yeah, he believes it was a competitor who started the fire. There's all sorts of allegations being made on FB.

Recovery business and waste management is a tough game to be in.... I've heard lots of stories about small recovery companies being muscled out of the market by larger firms , using heavy handed and quite often illegal tactics.

It's very fortunate one of his employees returned to the yard late that night with a truck, as he was able to warn the owners wife to get out in time and move some of their work trucks before they went up in flames

Martyn Spurrell (ex Autosportif owner) has offered his services to do a full pre-fire insurance appraisal, based on his extensive knowledge of both cars, so hopefully the insurance company will pay out to their true value. Little consolation I know... but better than them being undervalued.

Martyn Spurrell (ex Autosportif owner) has offered his services to do a full pre-fire insurance appraisal, based on his extensive knowledge of both cars, so hopefully the insurance company will pay out to their true value. Little consolation I know... but better than them being undervalued.

Horrible to see but he says they weren't insured :(

P10 WRC being restored from looking at his facebook page.

Yeah... but as nothing more than a garage queen from here on in... from what I've heard. As said by a few in the know... the shell would be compromised from the heat of the fire and the metal weakened. He knows this but is still gonna restore it. Can't imagine it'll be sell-able after that or usable for competition purposes.

Yeah... but as nothing more than a garage queen from here on in... from what I've heard. As said by a few in the know... the shell would be compromised from the heat of the fire and the metal weakened. He knows this but is still gonna restore it. Can't imagine it'll be sell-able after that or usable for competition purposes.

I suppose a lot of the usable ones are becoming like that too, garage queens.
Be an expensive item for the mantle piece if that is the case, still nice to see him do it.

Back