Getting impreza ready for mondello

Denis K

Sunday Drivers
I plan on taking my 03 blob sti type UK to Mondello for a few trackdays.
I dont plan on going crazy running slicks or giving it death lap after lap, but I would like to do a few reasonably hard laps at a time reliably.

It has performance friction pads, goodridge braided lines and dot 5 fluid for the brakes.
Suspension is prodrive red springs with kyb ultra sr shocks, fuly polybushed all round, strengthend rear arb mounts and uprated rear whiteline arb links, front upper and lower strut braces, camber bolts all round, whiteline front top mounts and modified lower front control arms to add more camber and castor.
I will be running the standard wheels with very grippy road tyres
I will be using a full bottle of nf octane booster per tank and mobil 15w50 engine oil.
I just have a stack boost gauge at the moment.
Engine is running standard power at the moment too.

So going from other fellas experience of taking scoobies to Mondello, what else do ye think would be needed to help keep the car reliable and perform well on track.
What tyres?
Sump baffle?
Modified sump?
Oil cooler?
Bigger radiator?
Low temp stat?
More gauges necessary?
Stiffer antiroll bars?
Anything else I'm missing?

All advice greatly appreciated

Denis

Hi Denis. I'd recommend Yokohama Ad08R tyres, stiffer Whiteline arb front and rear before getting a good geo setup. You have already brakes covered and power will be more than enough. The radiators on Subarus are prone to crack on top and Mishimoto have an upgraded version that's thicker that you can replace it with.

My advice, do the track day and then after that see what needs upgrading. Enjoy the day and the car will defo get you smiling [emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Hi Denis,

You seem well prepared as is,

Service,
Good pads and fluid with braided lines which you've done,

Good tyres obviously,

Check all fluids, oil, etc, bring extra oil, water, check tyre pressures regularly.

Then it's just common sense, one warm up lap after familiarisation then 2-4 hot laps , then cool down lap and break for car , repeat

Never had a problem so far thanks God just don't think your Nigel mansell on first lap and bin it, simples,

You'll love it, enjoy????

Both good replys there , as mentioned you have a lot already covered , my personal advice is bring it out as it is and replace/upgrade in the areas you think it needs , adjustable arbs are a good way to adjust the turn in .

Start with tyres as you have the brakes covered ( try put a higher friction pad on the back to take some of the pressure off the front brakes )

The cool down lap will keep the brakes and engine happy during the day as Pedro mentioned and is a must

Thanks for the replies lads.
So a set of antiroll bars and AD08r tyres and I'm good to go.

Would 22mm front and 24mm rear arb be a good combination?
Is it worth going to the bother of having a second set of wheels and tyres?

Also I do be on scoobynet a bit and fuel surge, oil surge and oil cooling seems to be issues they come across on track.
Should I be worried about any of these things with my own car in mondello?
Cheers

Denis

Back