Back in a Scooby

Nice motor, seen that on donedeal and couldn't understand why it wasn't snapped up faster

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Been putting a few KMs on it over the last few days. It's on tein coilovers...unsure whether I'll keep them or go to factory shocks and lowering springs [emoji848] they are quite stiff. Leather seats are nice but some extra bolstering would be nice. Needs some new discs pads and fluid soon I reckon. Anyone know where to get a similar front splitter? I just destroyed this one on some awful roadworks [emoji22]
6b9d117ae400f5b9aeb2fc10db3a4cc9.jpg
a9f225a3fba8c02af794be5a12a29134.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Thing I found with my B4 was that it was very hard finding used parts for them.
Dave in RSR had few bits but I had the BE Legacy. Not sure if he has the newer models for breaking....may be worth a shot!?
There was also a guy on adverts who broke Legacy's I got a few parts from. AFAIK it was only BG/BE he had tho..

Ebay otherwise I reckon lol

Croooober / upgarage also if you fancy importing a few Jap goodies :thumbsup:
Use Google chrome for the translating :icon_grin:

Figured I may as well update this thread as I go along with it. On the list of jobs is a set of tires soon, probably gonna go with Rainsport 3's again. I had em on the wrx and never had any issues. I must also flush the brake fluid. I'd also like to figure out if the seats are heated or not, the previous owner installed the full leather interior, along with the switch but unfortunately they don't heat....
8ea0eab4f3926eac042270c76460b524.jpg

So as ye probably saw I had an incident with a pothole.... Thanks to everyone but ended up just picking up that replacement rim although as expensive as it was, it was still cheaper than a new set...
Weighed it out of curiosity and it weighed in at ~7.4kg bare rim. The only other wheel to compare with was a BMW mv2 which is also 18" weighed ~9.8kg.
Ordered some Rainsport 3s from camskill but only 2 out of 4 arrived [emoji849] had to get them fitted asap so got it done.. but unfortunately the shop that did it decided to remove some paint from the barrel to attach the weights[emoji35]...
Got the car back on wheels and went out for a spin... 500meters down the road ripped the splitter off and broke it[emoji25]
Also found out the rear diff support bar bushes need replacing too... Anyone know the correct term for this? It's not the bushes at the back of the diff but rather the arm that goes under the front section of the diff (see photo)
Love/hate relationship at the moment
e69b9779aee50dda4a949674feed6f7c.jpg
b6322d7770193eec2f2edfcceafacdb0.jpg

Making use of the awful weather with a bit of servicing. Started with a brake fluid flush as brakes were a bit spongey... Definitely much better feeling now. However will need discs and pads soon, unsure whether to go with standard stuff or a set of brembo sti calipers... Opinions welcome
Changed the oil then and found the sump plug bolt had damaged threads, cleaned them up best I could and put it back in. Sealed up but will replace soon. Also have two Rainsports to get put on
Also how useful is the second notch for the bonnet stay [emoji106]
145d1c62fe3236781fb44fcbba0a74ef.jpg
5154bc502fe998baaa6477b5d86e8058.jpg

Your discs are shot!! As you know.

Gold brembos will transform the braking, you won’t know yourself.
Buy good quality discs and pads though.

If not it’s like pissing into the wind!

Your discs are shot!! As you know.

Gold brembos will transform the braking, you won’t know yourself.
Buy good quality discs and pads though.

If not it’s like pissing into the wind!
Yeah i think I might just bite the bullet and buy brembos, I've been thinking about it since I got the car...

Yeah i think I might just bite the bullet and buy brembos, I've been thinking about it since I got the car...

Just a word of warning buying second hand...

They have a tendency of pulling threads out of them when removed!
Very soft metal in them where the bolt goes through.

Make sure they are not threaded or it’s a pain to fix.

I went to 6 pot AP’s because of it, a disc change on my yoke with them caused the issue.

Just be careful when buying.

Spent the day attempting to figure out the heated seats that have never worked... It seems they are all plugs into factory wiring, however they don't heat. There's not alot of clear info as far as I could find. The only thing I figure could be the issue is the relay missing from under the steering wheel (see photos). The switch is also connected to the rear 12v outlet, which works fine, i presume this is for the illumination.
Anyone else done something similar? Or have any advice?
9760f849e471c37444dbf4a1c455bb94.jpg
6282c1ac6daa7ca309ca278600a52357.jpg
67150a6fc2e28242620277918fb1fadb.jpg

unplug seat and measure resistance of heating element in seat, should be very low ohms, if open circuit its shot.
see have you power coming to the harness for the seat

not familiar with the operation of your seats but i'd imagine those lights illuminate under the L and R on the scroll switch when you switch them on, if not coming on then you have no power to switch i'd be guessing

There a problem with the hosting company regarding photo uploads were still waiting on a solution :thumbsup: sorry

also intrested in this heated seats thing as I have them in the recaro cs seats is it a simple case of power and a switch or would there be a load of relays, resistors and fancy stuff that I don't have :icon_grin:

There's a different switch for my heated seats in my Blob but when I flick which seat I want heated, the light comes on so if you have no light i'd check out if you even have power going to the switch first. It may not be the seats at fault.

There a problem with the hosting company regarding photo uploads were still waiting on a solution [emoji106] sorry

also intrested in this heated seats thing as I have them in the recaro cs seats is it a simple case of power and a switch or would there be a load of relays, resistors and fancy stuff that I don't have :icon_grin:
Turned out that the relay was missing, as seen in the photo above, I just used one of the other ones (the wiper deicer), and they work perfectly. Factory wiring is all there which is nice. They work perfectly, and honestly are better than I expected.

Went out for a spin today for the first time in a while, such a great driving road. Few pics

Seanie I'll pm you
ac8be3990e9258f1230c6b990a8527b8.jpg
a0789e10fbff62631f028270f4cac276.jpg
717b553c471fbd0112fd75509c862551.jpg

Looks a class driving spot alright, where was that man?
Glad to hear you got the seats sorted, be handy with the freezing January we're due lol

Back