NCT emmissions

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
so had nct the other night and failed on emmissions and 1/2 other small things . but my query is in realation to the good old emmissions ,

so off with the decat system and on with a no noise exhaust .

so the high idle test says you have to be between 0.97 -1.03 , which has a window of jus 0.06 which in my mind is sounds like a pinhole rather than a window . my reading was 1.10 which is 0.07 outside the pinhole . {passed the low idle test )

i had put some diptane to try and help bring emmisions down , but alas ,no joy.

im jus finding it hard to understand why the window of pass is so small .

any advice for retest is welcome to help try and get that magical trio of windscreen decorations .

had problems on a twincam engine i built which was modified, she kept givng high HC no matter what! In the end i got fed up of trying to guess what made a difference and got the lend of a emissions tester.

If you know anyone in a proper garage you could ask them for the lend of it, thats only way you'll know if your inside the small band for being OK. Dont waste your money getting a re-test when your unsure...

Your answer is in your question. Pinhole!
High lambda on its own usually an exhaust leak.
Window is so small because once your mixture is outside these limits production of unwanted byproducts NOx and SOx and similar exceed EU allowed limits
We're CO and HC ok

Did you have a small bit of bother last year with same part of test
I remember asking when getting mapped and he said he check values on lambda that they are correct just a thought [emoji189] that’s all

I failed on emissions too I gave it new plugs oil and air filter and passed, I presume u probably did that next thing that worked on a 200sx for me was new lambda sensor well a lend of one anything is worth a shot

Leave it until the last minute, before test, drive the shite out of it and bring it in roasting hot.

Your lamba is on the way out spec c was the same last year was near the upper limit and swapped it out for a new 1 after the track day and I had the test yesterday and it was spot on ????

yeah joe when i changed the lamda sensor it use much less fuel , get a lend of one of one of the lads if its that then buy a new one if mine fitted you could use mine

cheers for the replys and ideas , will investigate and try to see if they help get the pass on retest

. pox bottle of a test .06 of a window, grrrr

yeah man its like sitting an important test in collage it always puts the shits up me ,and then in the back of your mind im thinking are they trying to phase out powerfull jap cars fecking wonkers

Ross mine was the same put the bung in and it passed something to do with drawing air back up the exhaust...
Lad in the nct center said they sometimes block them off with cardboard to try get it right ....

Mine failed i ordered the bung retested 7 days later and it passed same machine was used to test it both times
Then passed again this year with bung in

i have a bung aswell for my kakimoto but it is about 5mm too small for current backbox, which looks/reminds me of the s202 with "sti" on side of it .

Back