Bugeye morrete to sti lights

No more work than swapping any headlight unit...

Probably about 15 minutes per side, which should even give you enough change to clean panels a bit before fitting other ones.

Keep in mind though that you will need to get the (newly fitted) headlights aligned after to make sure the beam is pointing in the right place (so you can see properly, not blind ppl, n pass nct). Usually costs about €30 to get that done at local independents / Advance / Kwikfit etc... and maybe €75 at main stealers.

Think there is a difference between wrx and sti looms on the bugs because the sti is a hid unit ,
All depends on how confident you are with wiring :thumbsup:

OK, thanks Tommy, I didn't know that.

If fitting HID will indeed be different with wiring etc, as well as levelling and cleaning devices that must be fitted and work. Personally would think more hassle than it is worth. Also another (potential) stumbling block come NCT time... see below for copy/paste of latest NCT rules.

6. Where HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs are fitted switch on the headlights and check that cleaning devices

(where required) such as head lamp wipers or high pressure water jets are present and work. Check where
possible that the head lamp levelling device is working.

7. HID headlamps must be installed as a complete type-approved system. The system will include
automatic cleaning. HID headlamps can be recognised by:
a) the light having a bluish tinge,
b) the light taking a few seconds to reach full intensity,
c) the headlamp having an igniter module/inverter behind the headlamp,
d) the headlamp having ”DC” (for HID dipped beam), “DR” (for HID main beam), or “DCR” (if both are HID)
marked on the lens. This marking should be visible from the exterior of the vehicle but in some cases
the markings may be hidden under the bonnet and this may need opening to obtain a clear view.

Jdm sti bugeyes have factory fitted hid headlights with no headlights washers and pass nct. Levelling is not an issue either as it didn't come at those years yet.

Not sure bout bug but ive a set of jdm factory blob hids and there plug and play interchanable with blob uk/Irish spec

Also worth noting if not original to car nct might fail em (basically don't sell your current ones)

[emoji108][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure bout bug but ive a set of jdm factory blob hids and there plug and play interchanable with blob uk/Irish spec

Also worth noting if not original to car nct might fail em (basically don't sell your current ones)

[emoji108][emoji106]

How would they know they were not originally fitted to the car?

In my case car not Jdm and euro cars never had Hids from factory

Irish Hawk and hatch have hids standard in sti form :thumbsup:

The levelling system is tempramental on my car some days it levels and others it doesn't but hasn't been an issue at nct time thankfully so don't think it's needed/checked unless lights are off by a lot .
Might be a few UK cars around (hawk) that don't have hids but that's probably due to been an import from Malta or similar

Irish Hawk and hatch have hids standard in sti form [emoji106]

The levelling system is tempramental on my car some days it levels and others it doesn't but hasn't been an issue at nct time thankfully so don't think it's needed/checked unless lights are off by a lot .
Might be a few UK cars around (hawk) that don't have hids but that's probably due to been an import from Malta or similar
Yea know that Tommy just referring to blobs [emoji106][emoji106]

How would they know they were not originally fitted to the car?
They asked me last year about them told them they weren’t required as factory fitted

” ok so it’s only failed for the other highlighted bits:multijump:

Back