Speedline

I prefer jap wheels but when it comes to price 1k is basic price for used set of quality wheels. And this is what l would be prepared to pay if lm on the market. Go have a look how much are rotas in decent size. You wont get much change out of 1k sterling and this is before tires.

Its all down to the process. There are loads of difference ways wheels can be made heating alloy and moving it into shape when its hot makes the alloy weaker the more you move it the weaker it gets some of the cheaper wheels get heated and moved a lot this stresses the alloy and makes it brittle.
Some of the most expensive rims are machined out of a solid block this is strong but not cost effective....cold rolled is quicker and stronger more expensive yes they heat the wheel but not as much as the cheaper option ...id like to see how speedline make there wheels and the process for this wheel in question...
Good video here on some of the process
Watch "Making of Rays Engineering Wheels" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Armx02_R7Y0

Wrx < sti < spec-c

Joe soap will say they all 2L turbo impreza, why such a difference in price?

Nothing about quality , just heritage of the name
:thumbsup:

Why have they be chosen as the top supplier by DTM, Le Man, F1 WRC teams.... & car manufacturers such as McLaren Ferrari, Porsche, Lancia, Audi to name but a small few. If you look at their wheels over the years... nearly every iconic wheel used in Motorsports or on supercars was a Speedine rim... that's for quality/technology reasons and not heritage Tommy.

These 2013C (Continuation) rims are vastly better quality than any other replica rim out there. I've been talking to the MD of Speedline UK who's an ex-Prodrive head... and when you hear the amount of testing and R&D involved just re-producing these 'Continuation' designs of the old iconic wheel you'd not question the price or the quality at all.... they are using modern day wheel technology & production techniques on an old design! Cheap at twice the price as far as I'm concerned.

lads , if you were buying wheels for a rally car i can understand strenght concerens etc
these are used on road cars 99 percent of the time , so revs or speedlines is not going to make any diff!

in the uk i see the price is 270stg per wheel , where are they 250 euro ?
the speedlines do look better and are the real deal so comes down to price really
revs are good strong wheel but heavy , speedlines are very heavy also
usually genuine wheels are much lighter than the replicas so its unusuall

I’d take bbs over Speedline any day . I also think that most car manafuctures would take bbs. They were more of a rally wheel so had an iconic look . Don’t think they did much else outside rallying .

Can’t fault revs and up on till now it was the only choice so I’ll stick with them over Speedlines . Have a few sets of Speedlines in the shed but they never really stood out like bbs Wheels do

Why have they be chosen as the top supplier by DTM, Le Man, F1 WRC teams.... & car manufacturers such as McLaren Ferrari, Porsche, Lancia, Audi to name but a small few. If you look at their wheels over the years... nearly every iconic wheel used in Motorsports or on supercars was a Speedine rim... that's for quality/technology reasons and not heritage Tommy.

These 2013C (Continuation) rims are vastly better quality than any other replica rim out there. I've been talking to the MD of Speedline UK who's an ex-Prodrive head... and when you hear the amount of testing and R&D involved just re-producing these 'Continuation' designs of the old iconic wheel you'd not question the price or the quality at all.... they are using modern day wheel technology & production techniques on an old design! Cheap at twice the price as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry Jamie , was more giving the reasons I bought speedline over another wheel .

I'm not claiming to know what goes into each wheel and how they are manufactured, but I will say the heritage associated with speedline wheels is unrivalled and the fact they were good enough for swrt and countless other rally teams , endurance racers etc says to me , they are a quality item .

Probably should have been clearer with my comment :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DpTKoxiW4AAxQ9B.jpeg
    DpTKoxiW4AAxQ9B.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DpTKl6eWwAAFEHx.jpeg
    DpTKl6eWwAAFEHx.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
These are the low offset

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• DpPH_w_WsAAdrcc.jpeg
    DpPH_w_WsAAdrcc.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DpPIC97WsAAQEM3.jpeg
    DpPIC97WsAAQEM3.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sorry Jamie , was more giving the reasons I bought speedline over another wheel .

I'm not claiming to know what goes into each wheel and how they are manufactured, but I will say the heritage associated with speedline wheels is unrivalled and the fact they were good enough for swrt and countless other rally teams , endurance racers etc says to me , they are a quality item .

Probably should have been clearer with my comment :thumbsup:

Gotcha!

oh i do love a deep recessed centre crevis on a wheel /low offset

looks oh so much better as above pics show that revs look better than speedlines .

oh the blasfemy (while its still illegal )

Back