Speedline

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Anyone hear any prices. Coming in 114.3 soon aswell [emoji1] 5x100 landed
891be744c8bf6bb242d621dd4e3a9feb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Think there 250 a wheel, so 1000 for a set.

Jamie on here is getting a set and a spare.

Still no 17x7 I assume? or even 17x8?

They are doing the Type 2110 Challenge (same as wheels on my car) in 7" and 8" all be it only in 17".

As Adrian said Ears are speedline dealer for Ireland. They do the GTZ also.

So all jokes aside!

Who had that design first? Revs or Speedline?

My guess is speedline...

Having ran 18” Revs for 10 years before they got popular, I could not justify the price of those new rims.

Take into account I bought 3 sets for 100 a rim.

Mine,legacy (Joe has them now) and 4x4 cosworth.

I have destroyed them at speed against kerbs in the snow when I ran out of talent and hit pot holes that would remove a dash board!!

Still straight and no buckles!

So is it rose tinted type, old wheel?

Are they much better than revs?

Look great don’t get me wrong but 250 a rim???

There is a difference in quality so I’d say it’s worth it all day long

Not being a smart arse.

Explain the quality and your experience of it please.

I’ve never had a quality issue with revs.

What is your experience of quality of speedline wheels?
What test have you done or seen?

Having worked at vw group products for so long Graham I thought this would make sense to you :Falldownlaugh:

Audi , vw and Skoda

1 you pay a lot of money for a badge and not much spec standard but it's a quality product apparently .
2.you pay ok money for a badge with medium amount of spec and it's a decent product apparently
3.you pay less money for a lesser badge but so much more as standard spec , still a decent product but there is badge snobbery .

I'm probably a speedline snob having a set on the car but there wasn't a decent alternative wheel to the turini imo and that was the style I wanted .

People will but the genuine speedline product for the heritage and rally history of the wheel and no matter how good revs are made you can't make the wheels appear on the swrt cars in the history books and that to me is why the speedline cost more . Nothing about quality , just heritage of the name
:thumbsup:

Not being a smart arse.

Explain the quality and your experience of it please.

I’ve never had a quality issue with revs.

What is your experience of quality of speedline wheels?
What test have you done or seen?

I wasn’t questioning the quality of the revs but there is a reason for the higher price , material and processes to make the wheel

I don’t have any experience with revs or speedlines but materials used in say a cheaper rota wheel and a forged bbs wheel there is no comparison and In extreme conditions this would the difference in a cracked wheel and a slight buckle.

So all jokes aside!

Who had that design first? Revs or Speedline?

My guess is speedline...

Having ran 18” Revs for 10 years before they got popular, I could not justify the price of those new rims.

Take into account I bought 3 sets for 100 a rim.

Mine,legacy (Joe has them now) and 4x4 cosworth.

I have destroyed them at speed against kerbs in the snow when I ran out of talent and hit pot holes that would remove a dash board!!

Still straight and no buckles!

So is it rose tinted type, old wheel?

Are they much better than revs?

Look great don’t get me wrong but 250 a rim???

Speedline was first Graham, revos are just copies of them but revos are very good and strong wheel.

The revos are 175 a wheel, 700 for 4 I think.
Speedline at 1000 for 4 but speedline do look different and are a different colour.

Most speedline or OZ wheels or BBS rims would be about 1000 for 4 wheels depending on size obviously and like anything your paying for the name and quality.

Id gladly take either and have over the years but I do prefer the look of the speedline wheel and colour

Back