Headlight restoration done with Mac Led Auto Detailing

Skipper555

Sunday Drivers
My headlights were looking a bit tired and I thought I'd bring my car to a professional to have them restored. I'm quite happy with the customer service and warranty provided (1 year) and expect this to last around 5 years. Thought I'd share the shop details for those who may be interested, as I believe this business deserves good review/feedback.

Mac Led Auto Detailing.
North Dublin.

Below the picture of before and after.

uF0.jpg

Night and day ...did you leave the car with him or was it done on the spot ...also cost was it expensive...im asking because i need mine done....cheers

Looks the Job!

Make sure you keep the headlights waxed as the sanding process removes the protective skin from factory and I find they fade again if you don't keep on top of waxing them every so often.

Very few waxes will give decent UV protection. It'll definitely be better than no protection after restoring, but there's better. Once you go near them to that level, the factory coating is essentially null, hence why most places will only give a year warranty. For that reason it's worth while putting a ceramic coating on them.

is the maguires kit any use i bought it at jap fest its a few diferent grades of wet n dry sandpaper mounted to a drill and a compound and buffing pads ,im going to try it on the wifes jeep

Yes i used it before decent enough left a good finish on lights take your time doing it and mask up paint work cover up engine bay as it will be full of white spots with it flying off drill

Back