Tricky car phone question.....

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
So I have a 2006 Celica and Iv gone and bought a stereo from the Toyota gt86. Lovely touch screen etc and fits perfectly. Connected up the wires etc all good. Turned it on all working fine.

Then I paired my phone and it connected no problem. Only problem is it keeps saying no microphone connected! I can make calls, hear the person etc but they can't hear me.

So obviously the gt86 has a built in mic. The Celica doesn't! I have a mic from an old Bluetooth set I had but there is no where to plug it into the back of the stereo....

So what are my options??? Badly stuck on this one and really want to get it working!

get a pin diagram for the gt 86 set , 2 of the pins will be for the mic , cut plug off old mic and either solder the 2 wires onto the pins or get 2 push on connectors from an old iso block.

Thanks, still not adding up!!

These are the two going into the back of mine now....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180918-152005.png
    Screenshot_20180918-152005.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20180918-151955.png
    Screenshot_20180918-151955.png
    796.5 KB · Views: 36
they are the standard toyota plugs that are in every thing . as you look at the back of the stereo the block upper most right with 28 pins controls aux in and mic and more. thats the block you need to get the diagram for .

they are the standard toyota plugs that are in every thing . as you look at the back of the stereo the block upper most right with 28 pins controls aux in and mic and more. thats the block you need to get the diagram for .

Ah OK... The 28 pin male from the Celica won't fit into the 28pin female on the gt86 radio!!!!

Agghh!!!

it should be pins 5 and 19 from this , check first to be sure

Attachments

• 7586-3.png
    7586-3.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 33
all you will have in the celica are the standard toyota plugs for powering the radio and the speakers , you will have to improvise a bit to get the + and - of your mic onto those 2 pins

Back