Story lads

Nice job Dan bring her to Ring trip 2019[emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a beast dan some power from a standard engine :thumbsup:are parts stupid money or ok

The only expensive thing I have seen so far is the injectors. They are about 200 euro each for the latest revision of them. I bought an older revision set of ones from Germany for 300 for 6!

Upgrades are reasonably priced, due to their popularity the is a wide variety of options available. About 3.5k for turbos to get to 550bhp.

The modern day 2jz they say :)

Hi lads, small update, fitted some new Performance Friction Z pads all round with some Motul RBF600 fluid stops well now when needed.
4Dx0SFS.jpg

JDOo5Xz.jpg

After that I was getting a very slight misfire and these engines are known to coke up so i decided it was a good idea to do a carbon cleaning. The factory method used is to walnut blast the intake ports to clean all the gunk from them, i bought a media blaster, 20kg bag of walnut shells and various port adapters and wands and got stuck into it, results were night and day. Car drives so much smoother. Took about 5 hours, also replacing gaskets etc while in there

iBJaZg4.jpg

EGsB7ar.jpg

Durty port:
ZqB30o7.jpg

EGsB7ar.jpg

More upgrades now included some Turbosmart Recirculating valves
tfvuk2h.jpg

MBQyBR4.jpg

Solid Aluminium charge pipe(with meth bung!!)
uS6Cges.jpg

After that i sold some old parts i lads left over from the Lexus to fund more mods and splashed out on some fancy catless Downpipes from Evolve. Again i decided to fit them myself since i have access to a lift. What a pig of a job to do, i think it took me about 8 hours all in.

DJzbD9W.jpg

5Z2NPH6.jpg

QAL8Pe2.jpg

Driving home with just new downpipes fitted, fook me the car breathes so much better and pulled harder. Next day i upgraded to the MHD stage 2+ map and it was even better again, I contacted MHD directly asking them what power it should be making on this 95 tune and they said it should be about 400 with my mods, I don't know if its quite that but its not far off going from the butt dyno. He said it should make 430 on 98 but we all know that will never happen in this country!

After that it was time to put in some newer injectors. Brand new set from BMW cost 1200 euro so i wasn't willing to part with that money, you can buy older revision injectors online for about 300 euro for the set, so i picked up a set and installed them along with some new Teflon seals and couplers.

zvNpgB1.jpg

Old ones have seen better days and it looks like they were removed in the past and reseated with old seals and the couplers got damaged

EF0Bpgs.jpg

Typical BMW you need a special tool set to expand the seals onto the injectors and then compress them back down again to fit into the block. Laser Tools 7085 does the job here for getting old seals off and compressing new ones on before refitting to the engine,
uOrvh8A.jpg

Next up is a refresh of the cooling system, water pump and thermostat, then maybe some better fuel either meth or ethanol, some suspension upgrades, most likely m3 control arms etc which are a cheap bolt on upgrade. Fighting hard the urge not to upgrade the turbos!

Fingers crossed nothing major breaks in the mean time

Long overdue detail aswell, touching up the stone chips on the bonnet, not bad for a 13 year old car

n7QaclU.jpg

bryRDz6.jpg

TnoDEKg.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fair bit of work undertaken by yourself. Fair play to even think of tackling it all. Can't wait to get a passo drive in it next [emoji41][emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Good work Dan

Think you can get 97 octane now in some places.

Might help abit

Good work Dan

Think you can get 97 octane now in some places.

Might help abit

Have heard a bit of chatter about it but most places it seems likes new pumps re branded incorrectly. Going to try some e20 setup for now and see how it performs

Nice work dan :thumbsup: how does it compare to the legacy withbtjst kind of power and any problems on wet roads getting it down

Just seen this post now dan congrats looks lovley some great mods picked up a e92 myself a frw weeks ago very comfortable and capable cars

Just seen this post now dan congrats looks lovley some great mods picked up a e92 myself a frw weeks ago very comfortable and capable cars

good stuff Keith, which model did you go for? the 335i is a great platform to start with but can be troublesome and some parts from bmw are mad money! injectors, high pressure fuel pump etc

Back