Legacy BH5 project

AndriusZ

Hi guys,

It looks that it is time for my story. I had a pleasure to drive my friends BH5 few years back and instantly fell in love with it. After some time I decide to get one for myself. As I don't really use car for commuting to work, was thinking to get one as a project to get my hands durty time to time. I found one few months later that was in need of some work and love. It was for sale with knocking engine, faulty gearbox (auto) and in very bad condition inside and out. But it kind of ticked all the boxes for me - loved the colour, it was auto, estate, very cheap and i thought it was worth saving it. Guy that sold it told me that he never done anything to that car in last 5 years. There was not a drop of oil in the engine one of the turbo was hanging only on 2 bolts, several coolant and other liquid leaks under the bonnet. Few scratches and dents on the body, interior in very bad condition. 2 years in to the project have engine (from Japan) and gearbox (from UK) in it, all the small things are sorted. Next step is Dave from RSR automotive to find why none of the turbos is working. Then to get interior and exterior sorted. Was thinking to finish by the time that i can use it as classic for the weekend drives. Would like to thank all of this forums members for the huge help through all the project. The info that i was getting in here couldn’t find anywhere else. Keep up good work guys. Will update on project as soon as I know more.

Thanks,
Andy
mzp4Kp

hi Andrius i would love to see some pictures ,fair play to you for bringing another subaru back to life ,subarus seam to be the only jap performance cars left in numbers albeit low numbers left on our roads , or maybe its just one of them things that when you own one you happen to notice lots of them , any way good luck with your project ,sure if you need answers this is a great place for it

I absolutely love the mica mustard under the sun light. My first Subaru in Ireland was that color and it was always a pleasure looking at it in a busy parking lot full of shallow colored cars. :54:

Back