Aircooled VW Splitscreen Bus to Subaru conversion

Spud

Hi Lads
I;m new to the forum and badly need some advice from you guys . To make a short story boring , I own a VW splitty which I had converted to Subaru power using the EJ20 engine from I think it was a 2004 Legacy. Conversion done by Fellows speed shop in the UK. They offered two options at the time the 2Lt or the 2.5 Lt phase two engines and I chose the 2Lt which has been very reliable but unfortunately it lacks torque in my bus which is much heavier than the car it came from.The bus will `just get to 120 kph on a good road with no wind and that is as fast as I would ever really ever need but I want to cruise comfortably at that speed .The main problem is the lack or torque on hills so I want to put in a more suitable engine. Fellows no longer offer the 2.5 Lt option due to some of their 2.5 conversions coming back to them with bottom end problems. I was advise by Colm to start a new thread in Tech Q and A forum. I am from Cork . I am not a mechanic and have only very limited knowledge of engines including Subaru. I hope you guys will come over and help me get a more suitable Subaru engine for my bus.
Regards
Kieran

Welcome along spud plenty of help advice should be available enjoy [emoji106]

I was at the Terenure show last year John.I went to the Subaru stand and was chatting with one of the Subaru lads ( a mechanic ) but the bus was parked elsewhere

Back