Condensation in Damp shed

enda

Where I store my car during the winter is in a farm yard tool shed/workshop. Painted floor, block walls and galvanized roof, its not air tight so has ventilation but suffers BIG TIME from condensation during the dept of winter.

Any ideas to decrease the condensation ?

I was thinking of putting floor polyethylene sheet down, covered by scrap carpet we have and parking the car on top of this... obviously just the area around the car and not the whole shed as its quite big (30cars id say! ) as I know its the temp difference of the floor that's causing the condensation.

Would this work ?

Sounds like a huge shed so insulation would cost a bomb

Maybe look at one of them carcoon inflatable systems . Would do the job and keep the dust n dirt off it too . Not the cheapest thing in the world but worth a look

Screenshot_20180824-132944_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180824-132944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180824-132944_Samsung Internet.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Insulate the cavities? Maybe lay the gel like floor coating and some Swiss trax?

You must be loaded , its a massive shed, 30 cars as said above lol

Was gona look into those carcoons but was hoping for a cheaper alternative... :(

Tommy’s idea is the only way even if you build 2 it will cost you more . Usually go for 300 secondhand and can be moved around everything else is just messing :thumbsup:

Only other option is build a timber shed inside the main shed and insulate it but still won't be as efficient as the carcoon at keeping car dry due to gaps around garage door . Plus it would cost more than the carcoon for materials and putting it up .

Have 2/3 months to save for a carcoon by the looks of it when shes off the road for winter

Personally I wouldn’t think to much about its in out of the worst of it and no bare metal on it. majority of cars live out side in all kinds it’s the salt air and on roads is the enemy

Carcoon is prob only option well down compared to what they were.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

industrial sized silica gel bags or 1m small ones

I use something like theses they are silica pole we use them in the Eircom cabinets for moisture have 4 in the car and work perfect check the car every month and empty them

Back