Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Thread: Subaru Impreza Senna Edition For Sale

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides

Cool Subaru Impreza Senna Edition For Sale

Yes, you are correct, there never was a Senna edition, this is my own creation and a bit of fun!

However, I am selling a car and it is black with gold wheels, a five speed gearbox and a Momo steering wheel - all things that would have been on Senna's original Lotus F1 car - there the similarity ends.

If you remember I sold my immaculate 04 STi last year and bought this as a back up car to my everyday car. I was determined not to spend any money on it but couldn't help myself to make it better or at least bring it back up to standard, that ended up costing over €1,300 in servicing so this is a bargain buy for someone. See the ad here: https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...rvice/19617917

This is my third 1.6 Impreza and I have to say they are very maligned by the fact that people compare them to an STi. They are nothing like an STi. They are a million times better than most other 1.5 - 2 litre cars out there. They are great fun to drive, almost indestructible if they have been looked after and they can go anywhere in rain or snow on any kind of ground.

They are a bit slow off the line but once they are up and running they are quite zippy and fun to drive. On a motorway they can cruise all day at 80 mph or more, they don't really have much power for overtaking at that speed though. They do have good acceleration at slower speeds and they feel kind-of fast and very connected to the road. I would say for around town driving you probably have more fun with one of these than an STi, simply because you always have to ease off in the STi but with the 1.6 you can really have fun driving it.

Just for anyone wondering / looking, the best non turbo Subaru to buy is the 2.0 litre with 160 bhp engine. Those engines were only around for a few years, between about 2005 and 2007 and were in the Impreza, Forester and Legacy. Those non turbo 2 litre engines are great to drive and cheap enough to insure but cost a good bit extra to buy. Still if I could only have one Subaru and not a turbo it would be the hawkeye 2.0 RX with the 160bhp engine, they are great cars. Hopefully a buyer reading this doesn't have the budget to skip my one and go straight for one of those, if you do then go and get one, you'll really enjoy it

Back to my 1.6, great car, very cheap to tax and insure, lots of work done to bring it back up to standard and some really nice additions. I am selling this at way below what I have spent on it so grab a bargain and have the only "Senna Edition" Subaru out there! https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-...rvice/19617917

Thanks

Stewart.
    Last edited by sk1; 21-08-2018 at 23:16.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sk1 For This Useful Post:

dontommy (22-08-2018), SCOOBYCOLM (21-08-2018), scoobysub (22-08-2018)

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Just for comparison and to point out that I did make it a Senna edition with a sense of humor. The donedeal ad does say "not to be confused with the cheaper McLaren Senna Edition!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sk1 For This Useful Post:

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    The McLaren Senna Edition which costs over one million, it's already sold out: http://cars.mclaren.com/ultimate-series/mclaren-senna

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sk1 For This Useful Post:

Sunday Drivers
    Thanks
    Rides
    Not Senna driving but nice shot of his car: