Galway v Limerick my thoughts

scrawnban

Petrolheads
So tomorrow we have a very unique and unusual pairing in the all Ireland senior hurling final, in the green corner we have Limerick who have been very impressive all season bar their defeat to Tipperary in the league semi final and the absolute demolition job Clare did on them in the final round of the round robin in Munster.....in the maroon corner we have Galway, reining and defending leinster and all Ireland champions who have been undefeated in the leinster and all ireland championship this year. Now let's talk about the record of both teams the last couple of years, Limerick have been very poor in the senior championship since they won Munster in 2013, it's generally two and done at senior level for them and it's fair to say the old format didn't suit them at all. On the flip side of that they have been building at under age and u21 for many years, very similar to clare when they won in 2013 and the issue that this situation causes is that Limerick have absoutly no experience at this level at all and this deep into the championship, bar Seamus hickey who was 19 in 2007 when Limerick got absoutly demolished by a kilkenny team at the height of their powers. Now on the other side we have Galway a team that have had battle after battle after battle to get where they are tomorrow, in 2015 they got to an all Ireland final after beating a well tuned Tipperary side by one point, In 2016 Galway were beaten by one point by Tipperary thanks to some extremely magical play by bubbles dwyer, and Tipperary went on to be crowned all ireland champions that year. In 2017 we had the same pairing and Galway prevailed by one point over Tipperary and went on to beat Waterford in the final. So tomorrow I feel the experience that Galway have will give them the edge over limerick. Galway are battle hardened and mentally strong, while Limerick no doubt have fantastic hurlers magical skill, I feel the lack of experience at this level this deep into the championship will hurt them tomorrow. Galway by four points.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Would love to see limericks do it but don't think they have another big game in them, for me Galway by 6 points

I'd like to see them win, I'll have it on here with my beer in hand. Lol I haven't seen this much buzz around the place in a long time, they've a tough game ahead in fairness.

Savage game

Serious come back by Galway but not enough

Well done Limerick serious battle

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great game!
Bit cliché to say it but deffo the best Limerick hurling I've seen in a long time, the place be buzzing tonight!
HON LIMERICK!!:discomonkey:

Delighted for limerick :clap: when you think that a man of 50 years of age from limerick never seen the Liam McCarthy being lifted by a limerick captain it's great to see , 45 years of hurling without winning an all Ireland is a life time . Enjoy it :clap: it's well deserved :clap::clap:

Great result for limerick delighted for them ...
Great crack in town last night pubs packed all good banter

Delighted for limerick :clap: when you think that a man of 50 years of age from limerick never seen the Liam McCarthy being lifted by a limerick captain it's great to see , 45 years of hurling without winning an all Ireland is a life time . Enjoy it :clap: it's well deserved :clap::clap:

45 years is nothing . Go all the way back to the start of it in 1887 and Wicklow haven't even made a final , so 131 years , bit of a record I'd say

We see the cup passing through when wexford lift it :icon_biggrin:

Be some sore heads in limerick this morning

Back