Slight clunking noise on roundabouts and now starting on straights

Yeah the s203 Jees what a car kinda pricy now though I was looking thinking Umm I might until I checked out the price wow what a car

i got the car back last wednesday and then went on holidays ,,anyhow it turned out it was a front left hub bearing and two worn rear wishbone bushes so mr larkin replaced them and i asked him to also change all the dif gearbox and engine oils car is beautiful new
it just goes to show you that even if the car is up off the ground the wheel might have no play but bearings could still be busted and i also got a abs sensor from rsr at a very reasonable price they cost 230e new and there is one on each wheel thanks for all the input
lads and thanks to larkin automotive in finglas ,and rsr for the sensor

CV joint

Got outer cv joint replaced few days ago on 99 Impreza. With an adventures as always, right parts not easy to get, so the joint which was placed in is slightly(5 mm) longer, head part. After putting it in, the inner one started to act strange, mechanics took the whole shaft out and told some ring is broken. They replaced the ring and let me go. Question - am I ok to drive. No noises so far, but knowing, that it was put in with a hammer, creeps me out. (Don't laugh, I am a woman, about cars I know where the steering wheel is and pretty much that is it)

hi spango if it was my car and i was told that information i think i would want to know why there was a 5mm difference like is it not fitted properly or is it the part is slightly different 5mm is not a huge difference but ide really want to know exactly why ,after all you did pay to have a job done if its not right or going to cause problems further down the road then tell him your not happy as there is nothing worse than listening for noises and believe me you probably will imagine they are there and its nothing but road /tyre noise or a stone in your tyre if ya get me,,, basically if your not happy with a service you paid for go back and have it rectified , best of luck let us know how you get on .
also a lot of bits and pieces on your car will need the persuasion of a hammer or a lot of heat and then a hammer

Last edited:
Back