Slight clunking noise on roundabouts and now starting on straights

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys any ideas I hear a slight clunking noise on entry and exits from motorways at speed and roundabouts it's still there when I clutch its still there it's barely noticeable on the straight what could it be, I thought it might be a wheel bearing but no movement from wheels With car jacked up, any ideas or ways of diagnosis thanks again guys

Last edited:
Have a look at your drop links Uasual culprit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Also the clunking speeds up with speed, I'm sure it's not engine as noise speeds up and slows down regardless if the clutch is engaged

Have a look at em John if look past it prob are cheap thing to rule out anyway oem cheap to do anyway [emoji106]

What's em lads, also who would u leave it with to diagnose and repair it be a shame to change a heap of bits if only two need replacing thanks again, does a cv joint clunk at speed I always though it was a slow speed full lock test for that

If it goes with the speed it's not the droplinks is it your brakepads or a heat shield rubbing

Checked the tyres nothing in them pushed the heat shields back, top mount nuts fine could it be a wheel bearing ,or as you guys said some bushing Ahh I'm Gona drive it a bit longer and see if reveals it's self as it might get noisier, Ahh it's just a pain in the balls when ever u drive it and it's not proper

I had a wheel bearing go in mine and there was a rubbing/grinding noise like a seized caliper or something rubbing on the disk. There was zero play in the wheel itself as apparently Subaru wheel bearings dont show too much wobble until they fail badly.

I have my two rears done they where making a grinding crunching noise the track day really finished them off like you say John gets more noticeable when turning corners with weight shifting replace as a pair

I'm going to check everything. But somthing is telling me it might be the front differential ,I hope it isn't, could end up rwd conversion

Larkin automotive very nice place

Well I left the subaru in with Larkin automotive this morning and asked them to check everything and if it needs replacing please do it, they seam realy nice and effortless to work with ,mind a few nice cars there one silver English reg subaru in particular OMG, Ahh well I'll just wait till I have my thunder bus back, I have the wife's qashqai nice ride but dead

Ciaran Larkin is a gent great setup there[emoji106]

Well I left the subaru in with Larkin automotive this morning and asked them to check everything and if it needs replacing please do it, they seam realy nice and effortless to work with ,mind a few nice cars there one silver English reg subaru in particular OMG, Ahh well I'll just wait till I have my thunder bus back, I have the wife's qashqai nice ride but dead
Ciaran and the lads did all the work on my car. You're in good hands.

Silver blob S203 there is immaculate. Also there's was blue blob Jdm twin scroll last time I was there. My car was in good company [emoji4]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Back