Dump valve

Rob

RobH
ISDC Club Member
I know recirculating valve/standard is the best but I miss the sound of a dump valve so I’m looking for opinions on a good direct fit dump valve for wrx sti type uk 2005 any info appreciated

You could always go for an aftermarket recirculation valve?
The likes of GFB or HKS.. Some after market recirculation valves can also be adjusted easily to plumb some air back into the intake and some to atmosphere.
Turbosmart, GFB dual port etc.. they'd probably be the best if you want to really hear it, but even full atmosphere BOV would only cause the car to run rich while it's actually blowing off.
Some say it can effect driving and cause stalling but I haven't ever seen it.

On the other hand, a full recirculating aftermarket BOV with an induction kit would be pretty loud as you'd hear the blow off through the air filter when it's plumbed back..

Few options in fairness ????

I have a HKS SSQV turned 50/50 and it sounds great. I also ran it 100% atmospheric. I should take it off soon just to see what state it is in. If noise isn’t exactly your thing, I’ve also heard a Tomei one which is more silent and recirculates more. I've only heard it on a RB25 so not sure how it would be on a Subaru.

Last edited:
Cheers

Cheers lads those brands are very expensive and not looking for anything too loud,had hks on a skyline I had savage job,just wondering is is the ssq the one that flutters when not fully boosted as this is the one I’m looking for

Tis indeed ???? different valves for different boost levels or something like that... lol
Forge sound nice too actually... they can be got for handy money also, think Ciaran WRX has one he might throw an opinion ????

My HKS SSQv will be coming off next week has TMIC plate and mounting bracket

Attachments

• D0491629-CB8D-452D-A7F3-5EF9EACEEE2E.jpeg
    D0491629-CB8D-452D-A7F3-5EF9EACEEE2E.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 29
Back