99/00 Black Type r

garry2682

Sunday Drivers
Just seeing what's out there before I import a car.

I'm after a black 99/00 Type r (I may take a grey car as well). Must be mint and relatively standard.

Ideally it would be mapped for fuel and have had an engine build with receipts to prove.

Underneath of the car has to rust free.

No cars with 1/4 panels full of filler- I'd have no interest in a car that has.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for the right car OR

if it was of interest I have a really original 98 v4 white type r that I could do a deal with.

I am also willing to travel for the right car.

Not a comment, text, phone call or pm on this lads.

Surely someone out there is tempted!!!!!

I have to say they are pretty tin on the ground and as hard as you are trying to pick one up maybe they feel the same if parted with there pride and joy I don’t know of that many in club as it stands they are hard got a few on piston heads but the vrt will have to be factored in and rust on uk roads

I’d say if you gave an idea of budget maybe someone would come out of the wood work.

As we all know irish buyers still think it’s recession prices and won’t pay proper money for good cars.
I’d say if you import one it will be big money, by the time the Vrt get their share!

Your looking at a 15k car with the spec your looking, Clean mint car no rust , engine build , mapped And in black or gray 13-15 and it will Be a struggle

also the 1 from Japan will have nothing no fresh engine build not mapped and can’t be view before hand

As mentioned I will pay the money for the right car if it ticks all the boxes. All I need now is for someone who thinks they have the right car to get in touch.

if you have the right budget then import only way to go if you want an honest clean car in that category

cant see any body selling a mint,original, rust free type r with fresh engine build and map full stop.
unless offering mega money

if you have the right budget then import only way to go if you want an honest clean car in that category

Hard to tell how honest when it's an import... no idea of engine work or service history on many... and buying without seeing, can be risky!

Same as everyone already said...

... what I would add is that...

These cars are now so rare that the chances of finding exactly what you described are slim to non.
There isn't any car I am aware of at that exact spec - and Seanie makes a valid point... even if there was a car that mint that needs nothing doing to it, that owner would be looking for a substantial premium over the current market price.

I think, to keep your sanity... become a whole lot more flexible as to what you are willing to look at and buy -- and then spend the money to get it to the exact spec you described. That will get you a fair chance of finding what you're after.

So if Jap import... budget for rust proofing and of course mapping to make sure it lasts on our poor fuel grade - AND allow for unknowns as you will not have had a chance to check the car over. Any car that age will have issues that will need sorting regardless of where you source it. With the way pricing is in Japan now, plus cost of getting here, and VAT plus VRT mental prices, plus 4x tyres with E mark and a map for Irish fuel... there are no bargains to be had going that route - all it does is allow you access to a wider choice of vehicles.

If local, save the €€€ and hassle of VRT and VAT etc. More than likely already mapped for Irish fuel...

Depending on what you find... budget for either an engine build upgrade and/or respray to get the colour you want (and sort some existing rust issues which at this point every one of them will have regardless of JDM/UK/IE car).

IMO budget the lads indicated is a reasonable ball park figure to get to the spec you are after...

I understand that what i am looking for isn't readily available but there must be certain cars out there that are.

The spec that I am looking for in a car deals with all the common faults/ maintenance issues that crop in these cars and will more than likely have been seen after if the car has been maintained.

I not going to mention money on a forum but i do realise that what i am looking for will not be the €8000 - €10000 donedeal wagon.

At the end of the day these cars will have a certain value to everybody. I know what i am willing to pay for the right car so if its a thing that there is one parked up and not getting used like it should I'm a willing buyer.

Thanks for the input everybody and if anyone knows/comes across what I'm looking for please come back to me.

SC86 had one a few years back. I remember seeing photos of it when it first came. Nearly sure I saw somewhere that he sold it on.

IMG_0736.JPG

Lucky enough to have this one, sorry tho not for sale! Far too hard got in black and 2 door to let her go!

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 131
SC86 had one a few years back. I remember seeing photos of it when it first came. Nearly sure I saw somewhere that he sold it on.

ye sold it north - was a v5 - iv never saw black v6 here - most i saw were v4
black is so rare in them - even in the boom there was very few in black
im so sorry i ever sold that type r
sold it for 8k in sep 2015 - vrt was 1100 at the time

Back