Idle issue

ALAN83

My v2 sti has developed an idle issue over last few days.

After I drive it and maybe 2/3 hours later I start it , after few seconds revs drop to nearly stalling .
Then maybe 30 seconds later runs perfect . This morning driving to work it was fine , yet heading to shop earlier the above happened.

Any1 any experience of this issue or what it could be ?

Could be a couple of things...

Would start by cleaning idle control valve - easy to do and no cost involved.

If you have diagnostics would check intake temp sensor and coolant temp sensor values (if off then replace sensor)

Last but not least... could be MAF getting tired.
Although because of cost I wouldn't rush out to get a new one; however, it does make sense to check it to make sure it is working properly as it will affect A/F ratio throughout rev range if getting tired and can lead to det if really bad.

Can you hear the fuel pump could be on the way out , when were the plugs changed last . ,coil pack , etc etc . Rule out the problems you can and that only leaves a few

Could be a couple of things...

Would start by cleaning idle control valve - easy to do and no cost involved.

If you have diagnostics would check intake temp sensor and coolant temp sensor values (if off then replace sensor)

Last but not least... could be MAF getting tired.
Although because of cost I wouldn't rush out to get a new one; however, it does make sense to check it to make sure it is working properly as it will affect A/F ratio throughout rev range if getting tired and can lead to det if really bad.

Gonna give idle control valve a clean , new maf in car

Can you hear the fuel pump could be on the way out , when were the plugs changed last . ,coil pack , etc etc . Rule out the problems you can and that only leaves a few

Plugs changed nearly 2 years ago , coil packs over a year ago .
I can hear fuel pump

Check plugs after that length of time :thumbsup:2 years is a long time on plugs

I planned on changing fuel pump so will order one up this week anyway :thumbsup:

I thought i would get a bit longer than 2 years out of plugs ,done 8,000klms in that time .

Cut the knuckles off myself changing them the last time :facepalm:

Back