Central locking won't work on bl5

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys I'm tyred trying to fix this it started with me locating the fueses in the cabin to try to fix the interior light when I pulled and replaced all the fueses there I proceed to the fuse box in the engine bay I pulled and checked all of them I put them all back correct places now my central locking only works when I use the key in the door I retraced everything I did no fueses blown is there a little box on one of the fuse board mBy blown I disconnected the battery thinking maby it's a computer thing and that didn't work i
It locks with the key but I must lock each door individuly I'm livid I shouldn't have touched it please please help I don't know what to do is there something I've blown unbeknown to myself if u can help me I'll be forever grateful o btw jdm legacy bl5 turbo (does the key need to be putreprogrammed) car starts perfect windows work and thevhandle beeps if I try opening whilelocked

Last edited:
maybe the remote lost contact when you removed the fuse . may have to be re-programmed to car but im not up on how to do that .

As above and there’s a few different ways to reprogram the key if your near Drumcondra I’ll sort it for you :thumbsup:l

What time are you there till Joe I can't leave here till 530 pm which means about 6pm drumcondra

Joe I tried the white plug connection trick it was uncessful can I meet you on Thursday afternoon after I collect my car from the body shop I'll be collecting it at about 5 pm in tallaght so I can drive any where after that

thanks to you joe i sorted it ,i put a fuse back in the wrong place so that meant the odometer didnt work ,i remember ringing joe and his exact words where did you put all the fuses back in the right places eerrm no i didn't so that fixed the clocks the next thing joe yet again told me how to reprogram the key to the car as pulling all the fuses made the car forget the key signal so thank you joe ill be forever grateful fair play to ya ,, im going to be very careful the next time i go trying to fix a blown cabin bulb (jesus ), and mac mac you were spot on about the fuese thank you

Last edited:
Take a picture on your phone before you pull anything I find handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that sounds dodgy scoobycolm ,,ha but your right I will snap every step in future I also had a slight knock when I went over speed humps and it turned out the nut on top of the strut was loose 17mm spanner and an Allen key no more knock I'm delighted, i thought I needed new shocks

thanks to you joe i sorted it ,i put a fuse back in the wrong place so that meant the odometer didnt work ,i remember ringing joe and his exact words where did you put all the fuses back in the right places eerrm no i didn't so that fixed the clocks the next thing joe yet again told me how to reprogram the key to the car as pulling all the fuses made the car forget the key signal so thank you joe ill be forever grateful fair play to ya ,, im going to be very careful the next time i go trying to fix a blown cabin bulb (jesus ), and mac mac you were spot on about the fuese thank you

Good man Joe, always there to help.

He's helped me out a fair few times as well.

Top man

Back