2003 WRX restrictor pill location?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Alright lads, just a quick one.
Was reading there about them and apparently the MY01-05 WRX pill is supposed to be between the turbo and the tee piece. I just replaced the hose from the tee piece to boost solenoid with silicone, but the pill in my car was in that hose.
Would that make any difference?

Some of you may have seen that the pill snapped on me, so I'm getting another one now as it's only a quick fix at the minute, (half the pill shoved up the tube, but it's still restricting, better than no pill lol) so I want to be sure that I'm putting it back in the correct hose?

Your restricter pill can't have snapped, the joiner for the tube snapped , the restricter is a little metal ball with a hole in it . Check your pipe again your restricter pill is still in the pipe you have taken off

Yeah I have actually seen that since.
Think it was colm that posted a picture to my blog showing what's what. Twas a little plastic adaptor / joiner thing that snapped. Presumed that was the pill cause it looked to have reducers on either end lol my bad.. (I'll get there lads) ????????

I've another bit of silicone ordered anyway so I'll cross that bridge now when I come to it lol

I made a restrictor pill for my wrx as it never had one when I bought it. Just used a welding tip and drilled it out until I got the correct boost pressure readings

Back