Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Thread: What's out there?

Full ISDC Club Member
    Thanks
    Rides

What's out there?

Just a quick one lads, my nephew has started his apprenticeship and has to travel 50km to work. He is doing his full driving test in September when he turns 18. We are all chipping in getting him there and back at the moment so was wondering if anyone has a clean car or van they are selling. Preferable small petrol engine or diesel for insurance. cheers.
    Subaru, fast in any road condition

Thanks
    Rides
    Hello, The best of luck to him in his apprenticeship. My dad is selling is 1 owner from new. 1.2 petrol, Fiat Grande punto. 2006, silver 5 door. I have it in the for sale section here. I will be going over to his house later on today to take photos and will also upload to carzone for him. Might be something he may be interested in.

Thanks
    Rides
    I have the following here:

'99 1.0L Polo 5 door.
    Power steering and electric mirrors. Full service history and in the family since '02. Has around 82k miles on it and was fully serviced about 300 miles ago. T/B & WP done at 62k and at last service got new front pads and rear bearing. It's a bit old, but very easy on juice and very reliable. NCT went out during the week, so will be putting a new one on it in the coming days.

'08 Nissan Note 1.5dci SXE
    Bluetooth car kit, A/C, Multi-functional steering wheel, all electric windows/mirrors etc. Approx 182k kms , Full Service History (last service injectors were sent off and cleaned), Next service due in 800 km, 4 new heater plugs, new glow plug control unit, 2 new ball joints, just had both airbags replaced as part of the Nissan recall programme. NCT till 19/05/2019 (just recently passed).
    96 STI v3
    04 WRX SL
    07 Hawkeye STI UK Type

Thanks
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBuzzin View Post
    Just a quick one lads, my nephew has started his apprenticeship and has to travel 50km to work. He is doing his full driving test in September when he turns 18. We are all chipping in getting him there and back at the moment so was wondering if anyone has a clean car or van they are selling. Preferable small petrol engine or diesel for insurance. cheers.
    I got these for sale:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...ia-09/18361196 - Strongly recommended, genuine low mileage, very nice car

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...uence/19148184 - 1.5l diesel and automatic, very economical car - it averages between 4-5l on highway

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...-note/18352454 - rough, but cheap, diesel too, good for highways, will serve him another few hundred miles

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...a-1-2/18272507 - nice car, low mileage and quite 'new' a bit better equipped than the skoda. But given the mileage, the Skoda is still better bang for your buck
    He has the right to have and share his opinion. The fact that his opinion differs from reality, is however irrelevant.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 794 Posts
    Rides
    Insurance will prob be the decider for him, age of car an issue I'd say.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Full ISDC Club Member
    Thanks
    Rides
    Thanks very much, insurance is going to be the deciding factor so will pass these on and let him start doing his homework.
    Subaru, fast in any road condition