Jdm bl5 standard unit working

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
I bought it on adverts for buttons and fitted it it works perfectly cds stereo ac, I'm very happy just plug an play, it's the standard unit from a broke legacy

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0224.jpg
    IMAG0224.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 61
Ahh well that didn't last long the stereo turns it's delve off after a couple of mins the radios are car specific what a mick in the kicky. Is there any way to bypass the security on these, as my cd now won't accept cds it spits them back out (original )
Stereo how do you fix that I'm using a radio transmitter connected to my phone to listen to the radio or tunes on the phone, any thoughts lads

Is there a double din kit available so that you can put an aftermarket unit instead John? I know it would be nice to have the oem unit, but the advantages of a newer hu are much easier to live with [emoji4]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

That's true. You'd only have to buy the facia suitable for your car to fit a double din.
You'd get rid of a lot of the heartache. And have better sound output etc

Its expensive to go the double din route on the bl5 since the aircon controls are part of the headunit assembly. You can get a fascia kit from subaru thats rather expensive, or you can put a single din in between the aircon vents on the dash

My old top setup:
https://youtu.be/ARE1ykxMIRk

Double din kit here:
AvVcHsQ.jpg

older first headunit i had:

FGIm7ey.jpg

If my old build there is in the members section there should be loads of info in it and whats needed to make it work

Last edited:
Yeah I have been looking around for the kit it's about 250 -300 Euro then you need the head unit, that can I suppose what ever price
You want, see where you had the h/u up top there Dan I put a screen and reverse camera dognabbit nothing easy with the legacys, thanks lads for the replies

Back