2000 Legacy B4 JDM rev C Manual full dashboard and instrument cluster replacement

saras147

Hi,

my 2000 Legacy B4 (Rev C, manual, sedan) needs whole dashboard and instrument cluster to be replaced due to fire damage.

Please see attached photos.
Full dashboard with all wiring:

Instrument cluster

The part of wire loom and instrument cluster just melted. The rest of the loom looks to be good. I will test it, but there is no visual signs of heat/fire damage.

Question:
Can i get dash and instrument cluster from any revision or only rev C?
Also, how can i get odometer reading to get adjusted on new (2nd hand) instrument cluster?

Last edited:
update

the man from Subaru dealer cross checked the dash and wiring loom from revision C model with automatic transmission and said it is the same as manual rev C.
In progress of finding the dash and instrument cluster now

They are very hard to find but there is a very $€xy zerosport cluster for legacy with 300km deal and 10k rev

They are very hard to find but there is a very $€xy zerosport cluster for legacy with 300km deal and 10k rev

I got dash with wiring loom and instrument cluster from rev C with automatic transmission.
It should be all right, because fellow subaru owner used instrument cluster from manual to the automatic and it works (manual ecu was used in automatic transmission body)

Update

Installed new dash and Instrument cluster form 2000 rev C Auto trans model.
Everything is working except power windows (electric mirror are working) and power adjustments to driver seat. I had a very quick look at fuses and connectors, they seem to be fine. I didn't had time to dig in further.

Installed new dash and Instrument cluster form 2000 rev C Auto trans model.
Everything is working except power windows (electric mirror are working) and power adjustments to driver seat. I had a very quick look at fuses and connectors, they seem to be fine. I didn't had time to dig in further.
There is a plug on panel under ignition. On lower driver dash panel.

That needs to be plugged in for windows to work.

Let me know if unsure which one i mean

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I couldnt get it to work. Can you let me know which plug it is?
Thanks, much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Found that plug...

There is a plug on panel under ignition. On lower driver dash panel.

That needs to be plugged in for windows to work.

Let me know if unsure which one i mean

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The plug has 2 wires: Black/white and White/Green. It has correcponding 2 pin plug on the plastic cover underneath the steering column. The conector on that cover shorts both wires together and enables power windows and power seat. Some sort of safety measure...
g7kBCuR.jpg

9owvQee.jpg

Last edited:
Back